Tony Blair to resign as PM

spike

I will quit within a year - Blair

Tony Blair

Blair statement
Tony Blair has confirmed that he will step down as prime minister within the next 12 months.

Mr Blair said the Labour conference in two weeks' time would be his last as Labour leader - but he did not name a precise date for his departure.

He also apologised for Labour's conduct in recent days, admitting it "has not been our finest hour, to be frank".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5322094.stm

you're calling bush's blanket boy a leftie?

and what does "anglican" have to do with anything? what, maybe they should get a presbyterian instead? WTF?

you're calling bush's blanket boy a leftie?

and what does "anglican" have to do with anything? what, maybe they should get a presbyterian instead? WTF?

They surely can't get a catholic since the religion is all but banned in England. The English like to think of themselves as open-minded... but in practice always go for the starchy 'looks just like me' standard... and that standard is being Anglican. One can't be a proper Labour or Torrie unless they go through the lipservice of worshipping the monarchy.

They surely can't get a catholic since the religion is all but banned in England. The English like to think of themselves as open-minded... but in practice always go for the starchy 'looks just like me' standard... and that standard is being Anglican. One can't be a proper Labour or Torrie unless they go through the lipservice of worshipping the monarchy.

how many of your leaders looked like Thatcher, prey?

Blair is a catholic.

all but banned? ...
nah...merely tolerated :D

it's Tory btw.

Lipservice ...ok clinton.

US standards any different then Unc ? ....

I knew my silliness would drag you out to play :)

lets see..

how many of your leaders looked like Thatcher, prey?
It's 'pray'... but with Thatcher it just might be 'prey' LOL.
I would say she looked most like Andrew Jackson... but you probably mean in political terms. We've had several.

Blair is a catholic.
I probably should have known that since he has 15 kids. Bloody Chatholics... filling up the bloody world with bloody people they can't bloody well afford to bloody feed.

all but banned? ...
nah...merely tolerated :D .

Cromwellianism finally dead then? Bully for you then. I thought the day would never come.

it's Tory btw.
Appy-olly-loggies... but I knew it was wrong when I typed it. I tried 3 ways and none looked right. I should have googled it.

Lipservice ...ok clinton.
ARGH! Don't not mention that dark land in this dark land! (makes a warding hand gesture)

US standards any different then Unc ? ....
Nope. Were 10 times worse and falling arse over tea kettle down the stairs backwards all the time. Sometimes I think of shooting myself.. but the paperwork in doing so is just nutty.

Back