toy donations

kuulani

my hubby & i want to donate some of our baby's toys that she never ever used to needy kids this holiday season, but ... why are all the toys-for-tots and christmas toy donations only accepting new toys? are poor kids getting greedy all of a sudden?

the toys my daughter has have never been played with, and we would like to donate them, but no one wants them.

i guess there's always the salvation army.

We used to give. Then they made rules. After careful consideration & scrutiny, we give on a personal level only now. Sad really.

Maybe it's for sanitary reasons? Though that doesn't make sense. I'd visit the goodwill or your local shelter (maybe a Batter'd Women's shelter?)

Want to know how incredibly stupid it can get? My wife had 2 or 3 plastic bags full of stuffed animals. Basically brand new. The homeless shelter refused to take them.

That also happens around here.

A real shame, 'cause I won't take the time and I won't spend the money to buy new stuff for the needy.

I think this is just a big bussiness of those asking for new toys (they are most likely sponsored by toy stores).

ok.

i have some horrible contagious disease. i also have a teddybear. i cough and love all on the teddybear.
but it still looks new, it seems ok.

mom says, "ok, let's donate this bear. you're 17 fucking years old."

i, not thinking of my disease, agree to donate.

a week later, guess where there's an outbreak of my disease?

hence.

I kinda think it's nice that these christmas programs only take new toys...some of these kids live such crappy lives, and have hand me down toys and handme down clothes, and subpar diets...it's nice that they can maybe have a new toy once a year and feel a little bit like the rest of the kids. :eh:

women's shelters will take anything they can get I imagine.

but these toys are new ... she's never ever played with them ... they're just not wrapped because in my excitement of getting toys for the baby, I opened them up ... don't ask me why ... blame it on new parent syndrome :D

I can understand that they don't want ratty broken-down toys, but these aren't like that :shrug:

I can see them not taking used stuffed animals for the reasons ash stated but non plush toys are easily wiped to ensure cleanliness...

Back