Traffic accidents et al...

Seems pretty clear they either don't know or don't care. I guess soldiers don't get into traffic accidents or such stateside, huh?

Seems pretty clear they either don't know or don't care. I guess soldiers don't get into traffic accidents or such stateside, huh?

I figure that they want to make the 'body count' as large as possible in order to further their agenda. Buncha morons don't know that this will come back and bite them in the ass when the next real war comes along...

I figure that they want to make the 'body count' as large as possible in order to further their agenda. Buncha morons don't know that this will come back and bite them in the ass when the next real war comes along...

i'm not so sure it's about body count as a moral hedge, but projecting the overall costs of being there, and specifically, there... and then using THAT as a moral hedge.

i'm not so sure it's about body count as a moral hedge, but projecting the overall costs of being there, and specifically, there... and then using THAT as a moral hedge.

My main point was this...Why would Sgt Snuffy losing his leg due to a vehicle accident in Al Anbar province be more important than Sgt Snuffy losing his leg in a vehicle accident in New Jersey?

Worker's Comp :D

Seriously though, probably falls under injured "on the job" or "while deployed" or "cost of war".

"It doesn't make a difference whether you were hit by enemy fire, or injured because your vehicle crashed, or got sick because of serving in a war zone," Obama said in a statement. "The effects on the soldiers and their families are the same. And the impact in terms of the current fighting force and future demands on the VA are also the same."

Makes sense.

Not sure what the odds of the extra 30,000 wounded would be had they been in New Jersey.

I view counting soldiers injured in car crashes in Iraq the same way I view the way a pregnant 19-year-old is counted as a "teen pregnancy." I guess you could technically get away with it, but it's really a letter/spirit thing.

Maybe.

However, a UPS driver in New Jersey who gets in an accident and gets injured is probably considered injured "while at work" and costs associated with that injury probably fall on the company and not the driver. Also when UPS reports workers injured on the job they would count the driver I expect.

Soldiers in Iraq probably take a lot of risks driving due to the job that the UPS driver wouldn't take like high speed off roading with a bunch of guys in the back of the truck. There may be distractions that the UPS guy doesn't have to deal with like driving while explosions are going off somewhere nearby.

Many of the wounded return to duty.

Are they then taken off the rolls?

Are we now to count the men & women injured in Germany (serving there) as WW2 injuries? They are directly tied.

Are they then taken off the rolls?

Are we now to count the men & women injured in Germany (serving there) as WW2 injuries? They are directly tied.

And stretched over time, quite large. 30,000 over the course of almost 4 years is much smaller than we've been led to believe. Of course, the political agendas involved don't want that fact well-known. Page 8, and MADD. This doesn't include other types of accidents, just traffic. Sports-related injuries cause major headaches in the AOR as well. Not to the extent of lost limbs, but broken fingers, arms, and legs do happen. These add to the account as well...

Back