Transporter 2?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Okay...I'll admit it. I sat through the first one. As action movies go, it wasn't very good. The sequel, though, looks like it may be better. So who's going to see it?

i'll probably wait till the DVD shows up in the used section of the local music store

i will watch it, i loved the first one, the second one has more of a john woo feel to it.

and I am a big fan of the star jason statham (italian job, lock stock and 2 smoking barrels and others)

I had to sit through it 3 times...and people wonder why I don't like long-distance flying. :lloyd:

I liked the first one, this one's better. Bigger, faster, louder.

Oh, and Gato? Can you say A8L W12 6.0?

I want one.

chcr said:
I liked the first one, this one's better. Bigger, faster, louder.

Oh, and Gato? Can you say A8L W12 6.0?

I want one.

And how many gallons per mile for an engine that size? I'll stick to my V-6 and my I-5, thank you. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
And how many gallons per mile for an engine that size? I'll stick to my V-6 and my I-5, thank you. ;)
I figure the wherewithal to keep the thirsty mother in go juice would be a prerequisite to actually owning one. :D

Sure is purty though, ain't it?

Jason Statham is the man, and the opening scene in the first Transporter was awesome. Other than that, both movies sucked. I think he was much better in The Italian Job.

Altron said:
Jason Statham is the man, and the opening scene in the first Transporter was awesome. Other than that, both movies sucked. I think he was much better in The Italian Job.
Ever see "Trainspotting" or "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?"

he was in trainspotting? guess i'll have to watch that again.
we watched T2 the other night. i agree with Altron.

It's nothing against the movie... it's something against movies in general.

The worst had to have been "XXX - State of the Union". That movie was disgustingly bad. If that's the state of the union, I'm moving to fuckin' Canada and eating maple syrup with Prof. For those of you who haven't seen it -
To start off, Samuel L Jackson is the usual police cheif/officer/whatever. There's some total bullshit fight with giant silver pistols. Seriously, the pistols in these movies are fuckin' sawn-off rifles. You don't need to shoot the people, you can just hit them over the head with your 50 pound gun. So then Samuel L Jackson breaks the stereotypical 'homie' out of jail. He then goes to meet his other 'homies' who have a bunch of riced out cars, which, as we can all agree, should be considered a crime against automobile design. Then he resumes some poorly explained romance with his girlfriend. Then they find out about a retarded scheme to kill the president, who is probably the only white person in the movie. Then there's some bullshit fight scenes then the main dude gets his 'homies' to come in with their ricers and fight the fuckin' army. I mean, what the fuck? Five black guys in an Escalade with 22" spinner rims vs. an Abrams? No fuckin' contest. Somehow, the 'homies' win and they halp save the president. Then the bad guys run away in some bullshit 600mph train, and the main 'homie' needs to go to his girlfriend and ask to borrow her car, which is a Ferrari or some shit. So then he takes the Ferrari and drives it next to the train and jumps on and kills the bad guys and saves the president.

Seriously, all this shit is is bullshit car races/chases with ricers, pointless gunfights with bigass silver pistols, and enough sexual innuendo but no nudity. Meaningful plot, nowhere to be seen.

Spot said:
he was in trainspotting? guess i'll have to watch that again.
we watched T2 the other night. i agree with Altron.
Nope, he wasn't in Trainspotting. Now it's going to drive me nuts until I figure out what movie it was. It was on BBC America...

XXX - State of the Union".....To start off, Samuel L Jackson is the usual police cheif/officer/whatever.
i thought that piece of crap starred Ice Coolatta...Tea...Cube...whatever the fuck his name is...

chcr said:
Nope, he wasn't in Trainspotting. Now it's going to drive me nuts until I figure out what movie it was. It was on BBC America...
Snatch. He was Turkish, remember? And Brad Pitt was intelligible.

Spot said:
i thought that piece of crap starred Ice Coolatta...Tea...Cube...whatever the fuck his name is...
It did but Samuel L. was in the first one with that no-talent dufous Vin Diesel. Samuel L. plays the guy in charge who finds the triple-x's.

Back