Um...help?

Camelyn

Ok, a Canadian and a Mexican walk into OTCentral. Both of them can access the site www.inbetweenplaces.com. Apparently, their American friends cannot.

Whyfor should this be?

Some helpful background:

My site and domain renewal confirmation just, and I mean just came this morning.

I was playing around with the files on my server earlier, but am not anymore.

All files in question are still up on said server, in the correct directory.

Any ideas??

Signed:
Mixed up in Montreal

chcr said:
Dear Mixed Up,

Umm... I can see it fine. :)

Allrighty then. Scratch off theory number one. That leaves...a blank page, with theory number one scratched off...

If the domain recently went into registrar-hold because you didn't renew it soon enough, then it may take anywhere from 1-3 days for the domain to return to active status.

Err, I just ran a whois on it and it says REGISTRAR-HOLD

Yep, about 3 days from now everyone should be able to see it.

fury said:
If the domain recently went into registrar-hold because you didn't renew it soon enough, then it may take anywhere from 1-3 days for the domain to return to active status.

Err, I just ran a whois on it and it says REGISTRAR-HOLD

Yep, about 3 days from now everyone should be able to see it.

From the confirmation e-mail:

This message is to confirm the successful renewal of inbetweenplaces.com for 1 year(s).
The new expiration date is 2004-08-05 18:07:46..

You may manage your domain information at [url]http://manage.opensrs.net [/url]

From the link mentioned above:

Manage Your Domain
Domain Name: inbetweenplaces.com
Expires: 2004-08-05 18:07:46 Waiting Request: None

So based on what you said, and what I posted above, everything should be hunky-dory in a couple of days? Or should I contact my web hosting service provider?

Odd though, that some people can see it, and some can't...

I think sometimes it propogates in some places quicker than in others. I think. I think this was the problem with a friend of mine had - he couldn't see the url but I could and he could a few days later.

But then again, maybe I think too much. :D

Rose said:
I think sometimes it propogates in some places quicker than in others. I think. I think this was the problem with a friend of mine had - he couldn't see the url but I could and he could a few days later.

But then again, maybe I think too much. :D
What she said.

There will be some ISP's that update their DNS lists quicker.

Thanks so much fury and Rose. I'll wait a few days, and everything should be fine. (you too chcr :)) You guys were a big help.

Look! I'm not even panicking anymore :)

fury said:
What she said.

There will be some ISP's that update their DNS lists quicker.
surprise surprise, I can't see it. Attawaytogo Rogers :tardbang:

Yeah, DNS takes about 3 days to propigate cross-country. DNS is nororiously slow. Just like me!

rrfield

A lot quicker than having someone walk to every ISP in the world and tell them the new DNS every time someone switches or renews one. :tardbang: That'd be kinda slow.

Back