UN - USA divorce

Jeslek

Banned
SOURCE: http://edgarapoe.home.mindspring.com/whiggingout/whighome.htm#051

You read the prediction here first that the unseemly US-UN marriage and honeymoon was kaput as of last night. Now those first fruits of discord are showing up publicly and I suggest everyone go out and get a bottle of good champagne. Let us celebrate the gift of freedom from that shitass (oops, that's so undiplomatic a term) organization.

At this hour Kofi Annan is rushing to get the logistics in place for big meetings between Iraq and the would be chumps from the UN inspection brigade. Then they can discuss at leisure Iraq's scheme for playing the US and the UN for rubes again over schnitzel and sacher torte with the backdrop of majestic old Vienna to set a romantic mood.

Russia meanwhile is at odds with the US over our rude objections to all of this happiness. Vodka must have flown even freer than usual in Moscow last night when Pootypoot thought Bush had got himself well lynched by Saddam with rope provided and tied to the tree limb by W himself. Then that damned limb snapped off.

The harmonies of several days ago have come undone. No one wants to really accept it today, but maybe tomorrow someone will get in the mood to just file those divorce papers. Or maybe it will be next week. But it is over. And the question now is the degree of nastiness we can expect to watch unfold.

Still, enjoy your champagne. War in November.

Follow up on www.rightwingnews.com:

If wouldn't bother me a bit if the UN didn't support us. It would make them look impotent, foolish, and totally irrelevant when we go in without them. Then after Iraq is liberated, it'll become obvious that Saddam had tons of chemical and biological weapons, has extensive terrorist ties, and was well along towards building a nuke. From then on, we'll forever more be able to point at Iraq as a perfect example of why we shouldn't pay any attention to the United Nations. Sure I wouldn't mind the help, but long-term, the precedent of hitting Iraq after telling the UN to get lost would be useful as well.