Unc's av...

Ardsgaine

Recently, my daughter discovered my Calvin and Hobbes collection and she fell in love. She doesn't quite get it really, and she has trouble with a lot of the words, but she can get the gist of a lot of it, and even when she's not really getting the joke, she finds something there to tickle her funny bone. She was walking by earlier and happened to see Unc's avatar. "Hey, it's Calvin's tiger!!" She was thrilled.

That was before the stigmata appeared... now I'm worried that she's going to be traumatized for life when she sees Hobbes bleeding from these holes in his paws. :p

yeah, but its divine bleeding. Its a happy place. I guess it was something I was working on for the theoretical new artsy forum ... I just couldn't wait on it.

I guess then that you don't want me to tell your daughter about the correlations between Calvin and Hobbes and Fight Club.

kuulani said:
Well, Ards, you can use the stigmata in a lesson about world religions

We're still about a thousand years away from Jesus Christ. She can tell you all about how the Egyptians had to journey to the underworld and have their hearts weighed in the scales against the feather of truth before either being introduced to Osiris or fed to the Devourer. :)

unclehobart said:
damn... and youre worried about stigmata? we need to talk.

Nah, I'm teaching her the difference between reality and make-believe. I'm not worried about her believing in the stuff, I was just worried about her being traumatized by seeing one of her favorite comic strip characters bleeding from his paws. I've figured it out though. I'll just tell her that it's the blood of some mean old hunter who was going to shoot poor Hobbes.

Back