united 93

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Since the movie is coming soon. Is anyone interested in seeing it? Do you think it happened that way? crashed or shoot down?

refresh my memory. which one was united 93? was that the one that went down off the coast of Long Island?

wikipedia is my friend :D :D said:
It was the only one of the four planes that did not reach its intended target, instead crashing in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, about 150 miles northwest of Washington, D.C. This was apparently because passengers, alerted through phone calls, attempted to subdue the hijackers.

The one that crashed. A&E just had a blitz of shows around their premiere of their movie. Theirs showed a crash during the uproar of the passengers trying to get into the cabin.
I dunno what to think. I wish they'd release the contents of the blackbox thing. Then it wouldn't be a mystery anymore.

oh. that flight.
Luis G said:
crashed or shoot down?
triggered a memory of a book that speculated a flight that went down off Long Island was shot down. from the same author that wrote Generals Daughter. Nelson something-or-other.

i thought they pieced together the final minutes of that flight from radar readings and eyewitness accounts of the planes flight path.
if they havent released the black box recordings then someone in the cockpit may have been naming names or some such.

The flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder were recovered on the afternoon of September 13, buried 25 feet deep at the impact site, and have yielded additional information about the final half hour of the flight. In April 2002, in an unprecedented action, the cockpit voice recorder was played by the FBI to relatives of the victims of the hijackers. Further details were released by the 9/11 Commission in July 2004.

Its full contents have not been made public. However, media reports of the tape indicate that the charge by the passengers and crew did take place. A woman can be heard pleading for her life at the start of the tape. This is thought to have been a flight attendant.

The tape was reported to have contained voices saying "Allahu Akbar," English shouts that included "Let's get them!" and "In the cockpit. If we don't, we'll die" then screaming and other sounds followed by silence. Sounds of crockery smashing have led to the belief that a service cart was used as a battering-ram to force the cockpit door open.

The hijackers themselves appear to have all retreated into the cockpit prior to the charge, and they can be heard praying, reassuring themselves, and discussing on separate occasions, in Arabic, whether to use a fireaxe in the cockpit on those outside or to cut off the oxygen to quell the charge. Jarrah said "Is that it? Shall we finish it off?" Another hijacker replied "No. Not yet. When they all come, we finish it off." Jarrah later said "Is that it? I mean, shall we put it down?" to which another hijacker replied "Yes, put it in it, and pull it down." then later "Pull it down! Pull it down!"

The 9/11 Commission found from the recordings that, contrary to what many have believed, the passengers did not succeed in entering the cockpit before the plane crashed. The 9/11 Commission ruled that the actions of the passengers prevented the destruction of the Capitol building or the White House by causing the hijackers to abort the attack on their intended target.
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93

Its full contents have not been made public
why? :confuse3:

Back