up all night

kuulani

i just need to stay up for three more hours!! it's about 2:20am my time. the last of the fireworks is popped and we're winding down. only problem is that i have to take my husband to the airport in about 2 hours. my mind is telling me to just wait it out and stay up, but my body is slowly shutting down.

we're celebrating the new year festivies on another island but my husband needs to report to work in five hours back at home. so if he makes the 5:15 flight, he'll land at home at 6:15 and hopefully haul himself up the mountain to work a little after 7.

i think i can, i think i can.

I hate that feeling. Body shutting down, the aches setting in, and the eyes drooping....how vital sleep can be.

It's espeically scary considering she needed to be at the wheel of a car in that kind of shape... and had a deadline to meet doing it, meaning she had to power her way through whether or not she was too tired.

Kuu, did you make it?

You made a pot of coffee, right? Put the kids off with someone else? Cranked the tunes in the car as hard as it would go? Promptly crashed when you got home?

Well, I'm gonna assume he made it to work since he hasn't been home :D

Hey Trace - seriously missing you guys at home - it's like I'm all alone there. New Years in Waimea was loverly of life but Brada got way too off his ass drunk on patron and I ended up hurting my wrist trying to hold him up sho he wouldn't choke on his own puke *grrrr* ... but he is a Garmon, through and through - went to work bright and early the next day feeling (and looking) like crap.

Oh yeah - I might borrow your truck to take some crap to Goodwill when/if it stops raining. I'll give you a call though.

I am so feeling the up all night bit. Was up till 4:30 am, left the house at 7:30 for an hour drive, then to work. I am seeing double.

Back