Upgrading again....

Aunty Em

Yesterday my new motherboard arrived... the Abit KV7 ( http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=125 )... to go with my Barton 2500+ cpu. Unfortunately... or fortunately depending on how you look at it... the KD7E didn't like the addition of the Barton and reset the BIOS to default. Something also happened to prevent it from recognising the keyboard so I can no longer get into the BIOS to alter it. C'est la vie!

So my ATI Radeon 9200 will finally get the chance to work to it's full potential as it's an 8x AGP board and it has 2 SATA 150 Raid connectors as well, so I can get some SATA HDDs at a later date. It's also designed with the overclocker in mind with most of the parameters in the BIOS having user defined options. So I will be overclocking the Barton as soon as I am certain that everything is working OK.

I shall be busy putting it all together tomorrow... :D

Looks like a pretty sweet board, except for the chipset fan. :p Can't stand those after my Epox board lost its fan after five months. :eh:

I just ordered a SATA WD Raptor 10k rpm drive. :headbang:

OH Yeah!... We have

LIFT OFF!

she's up and running... all fans working... cpu temperature steady @ 36C.
biggrin.gif

Still in the BIOS and have to install the operating system... but the first hurdle is out of the way.

Aunty Em said:
OH Yeah!... We have

LIFT OFF!

she's up and running... all fans working... cpu temperature steady @ 36C.
biggrin.gif

Still in the BIOS and have to install the operating system... but the first hurdle is out of the way.

:D

i just got in the DFI lanparty nfII ultra b motherboard and a raptor 36 gig drive. SATA of course. hoping to build it sometime in the near future.

Back