Victory!

tonksy

Rob went back for seconds on a veggie he has said he hated all his life! Yellow squash.
I often wondered how someone could hate yellow squash until I tasted first hand the way it was prepared at his mothers (who is an absolutely wonderful women whom I like very very much but should never lay hands on a squash again). I made it tonight in the manner of most southern ladies and he liked it enough for seconds!
I am so pleased with myself!

My squash:
Saute up some onion with some bacon (I eyeball everything so I'll say about a 1/4 cup of each diced to a ratio of 6 squash) add some minced garlic and cook until bacon is about halfway done and onions are soft. Add some (a heavy pinch) herbs, crushed (I like savory) and salt and pepper and Tony's to taste. Toss in the squash, sliced with the larger pieces sliced in half. Deglaze the pan with enough chicken broth to cover the bottom. When that comes to a boil put the lid on and simmer for roughly a half an hour or until desired mushiness.
Squash puts off alot of water so about 10 minutes before you think it's done I'd take of the lid to let some of the water vapor escape.

How do you do yours?

tonksy

Ring a bell?
yellow-squash-300x287.jpg

alex

That sounds really good tonks, I love squash casserole.

I eat yellow and green squash all the time when I make stir fry veggies :licklips:

HomeLAN

Casserole is preferred, but I'll take it steamed and seasoned.

I never could get the bastard to try it to test. He just shut me down every time I offered.

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Casserole is preferred, but I'll take it steamed and seasoned.

I never could get the bastard to try it to test. He just shut me down every time I offered.

Did you try sleeping with him?

unclehobart

Cassie-roll and steamed wouldn't do it for me. I liked the panned version with bacon... it made it not taste like tires.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Did you try sleeping with him?

So you're saying that rather than the way to a man's heart being through his stomach the way to get him to put weird things in his stomach is to secure a place in his heart?

unclehobart

Nixy said:
So you're saying that rather than the way to a man's heart being through his stomach the way to get him to put weird things in his stomach is to secure a place in his heart?
That sounds almost 'Brokeback Mountain-ish'.

tonksy

Nix said:

Or a place in his bed :shrug:
I didn't make him try it. I cooked it for me and the girls and made cabbage for him. He really likes when I make green beans with bacon, onion, and garlic...so I guess the smell did him in.