Video game censorship

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They are right. Handing our children, what amounts to as psychological combat training exercises, lessens the revulsion at war & violence & plants the seed for more violent behavior.

Now leave me alone, I'm trying to become a Gunnery Sgt in Battlefiled 2 :p

ekahs retsam

Gonz said:
They are right. Handing our children, what amounts to as psychological combat training exercises, lessens the revulsion at war & violence & plants the seed for more violent behavior.

Now leave me alone, I'm trying to become a Gunnery Sgt in Battlefiled 2 :p

:lol2:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
"The vast majority of violent felony crimes ... are being committed by inner-city youths who don't have an Xbox, meaning they haven't been conditioned by violent video games," he said.

Racist pap. I've yet to meet an inner city kid who didn't have some system or another. They may be last years model but they are playing these games.

chcr

Too cute for words
Remember the kid a couple of years ago that broke his little sister's neck trying a move they saw on WWF? The exposure can come from anywhere. It's still up to the parents to control access and to explain the difference between fantasy and reality.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Yesterdays 'latchkey' kids are todays 'absentee' parents. Victims of divorce are raising victims of neglect.

Starya

chcr said:
Remember the kid a couple of years ago that broke his little sister's neck trying a move they saw on WWF? The exposure can come from anywhere. It's still up to the parents to control access and to explain the difference between fantasy and reality.
Yep. Some kids'll see a movie and start acting out the scenes afterwards, trusting they are able to pull whatever stunt Neoriddickbladewolverinewhatevah did. And some just go "Damn, that movie was good, did ya see when he cut off his head and.. :lloyd: "

Personally I think games are a wee bit worse than movies. With movies you just sit and are passively entertained, with games you are part of the action and stuff. This opinion is only based on gut instinct of course. No, I don't have a linky to back it up. Shush.

HomeLAN

chcr said:

Yeah. Lionel Tate. Of course, there's some indication that he has and probably had some "issues" beyond what he saw on TV, though. My personal belief is that if you're stable, you ain't gonna be influenced to do that shit by a TV show or games unless you're really too young to know fantasy from reality.

If you are that young, or you are unstable, where the fuck were your parents? It's their job under those circumstances to keep you away from that shit.

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Yeah. Lionel Tate. Of course, there's some indication that he has and probably had some "issues" beyond what he saw on TV, though. My personal belief is that if you're stable, you ain't gonna be influenced to do that shit by a TV show or games unless you're really too young to know fantasy from reality.

If you are that young, or you are unstable, where the fuck were your parents? It's their job under those circumstances to keep you away from that shit.

*Gasp* How dare you suggest that they take time out of their busy lives to raise the abortion survivors their sexual pleasures created without their permission.

Altron

It's not the games that are at fault, it's the stupid people playing them. Whine all you want, but so many problems would go away if assholes, people with double digit IQs, and poor people weren't allowed to have kids.

Starya

Altron said:
It's not the games that are at fault, it's the stupid people playing them. Whine all you want, but so many problems would go away if assholes, people with double digit IQs, and poor people weren't allowed to have kids.
So.. does that mean I should quite being an asshole?
:confused:

Winky

Yeah he's right if yer not a property owner
you shouldn't be allowed to vote
and if yer from the shallow end of the gene pool
you'll raise kid that are fools

Altron

Besides genetics, I blame the public education system. It needs to quit trying to turn kids into Encyclopedia Britannica and start trying to turn kids into reasonable people.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Altron said:
It needs to quit trying to turn kids into Encyclopedia Britannica and start trying to turn kids into reasonable people.

If public education did anything even remotlely resembling that, they would produce reasonable people.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Altron said:

So the Kennedy's should've been childless, eh?

Here's the deal...poor people outnumber rich people almost 1000 to one. If you exclude the poor from having children, you just lost your gene pool, and relegated the entire human species to the shallow end. Diversity is good for the gene pool, and wealth is not a guarantee that said offspring will turn out okay. Now get back into the stock room, and find me a decent HDTV under $1,500...