Virtually Indestructible Keyboard

catocom

Anybody tried any of these yet?

http://www.mic-innovations.com/mi/details.cfm?id=KB760F

I'm getting tired of replaceing my main keyboard one or more times a year
for one reason or another.

The order I can't get newegg to get right has a couple of these logitec KBs
that supposed to be spill-proof, but I don't know how the keys will hold up.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823126170

I just can't bring myself to pay like 50 bucks for a kb, but I will if it's the shizznit.
(I don't need or want a bunch of 'extra' buttons really)

IBM Model M. They're beauties. Mine is from 1997, and I spilled a few ounces of water into it. Unplugged it, let it dry overnight, and it still works fine. Mechanical spring keys give you an excellent feel, much faster typing, and they last forever. I have four of them, and one is from 1984! That's right, one of my keyboards is old enough to buy beer. I bought it covered in dirt at a flea market. A little cleaning and it's good as new. Try that with a rubber dome keyboard.

You know that great feeling of being able to type better when you go from a tiny laptop KB to a nice fullsize desktop KB? Same thing happens from rubber dome desktop KB to a mechanical spring KB.

Altron said:
You know that great feeling of being able to type better when you go from a tiny laptop KB to a nice fullsize desktop KB? Same thing happens from rubber dome desktop KB to a mechanical spring KB.

Don't diss the laptop keyboard! I type better on my laptop than anything else!

Nixy said:

I type like an 80 year old on a laptop keyboard... 60+ WPM on my Model M...

Nixy said:
Probably because you type on it all the time. I still use the desktop more often and so I hate typing on this keyboard... which I'm doing tight now. I keep doing it though so that I can get used to it. I'm _almost_ used to the touchpad.

well the keys feel a little funky wobbly like, but it's pretty cool
I've gotta keep a regular on too though, to hold lappy style when
sitting back on my bed. :)

I loved doing that with the trackball keyboard I had. Didn't have to keep reaching for a damn mouse.

well I just happened to think to try the box it came in as a base, and it works
good for that, so I'm going to see if I can get used to it now. :)

Back