VOTE or DIE!!!

IDLEchild

I am sorry...actually no, I am not....but this whole VOTE and DIE crap is getting really tiring. Those of us in the U.S.A have most likely come under attack from bubble gum pop stars telling us to vote...oh gee, I would have forgot if Hillary Duff hadn't fucking reminded me.

It was started by P. Diddy and because of his douchebag efforts to get the young generation out there to vote he has made himself look like a fool. I applaud his intentions and his vociferous attempts but why is he being so vague?...just come out and fucking say it.."VOTE for Kerry or DIE!!!". It is no secert how adamant the entertainment industry is trying to get Kerry in office. Every celebrity has suddenly found their voice in the last few months but why be so fucking vague Diddy....just come out and say who you prefer, The Boss did it, why not you.

That isn't even the most annoying part. What really irks me is the sudden "coolness" built around the whole campaign of Diddy's. I see posters of Nelly in a low lit room, with his muscles glistening, his head down, his expression oh so stoic, and supporting the cool, trendy new Vote or Die shirt.....wow, oh man, hold back the cosmopolitan patriotism, you're making me teary eyed with national pride. I can't wait til lthe cast of Sex and the City comes out with their ad slogans for the presidental elections.

Beyonce Knowles, Hillary Duff, Alicia Keys etc etc etc and blah fucking blah. In my POV these celebrities are making themselves look like an ass in their attempts to be so eye opening. More often than not when celebrities do this they end up changing people's opinions on them rather than their political choices.

What I really want to know is: Where was this fervor 4 years ago? Where was "Vote or get Sodomized" phrase when Bush and Gore went at it? Why was P. Diddy too busy getting rich instead of caring about the youth going out to vote? What...the horrible realities of war brought them out of their comfy lives now?

I applaud his intentions but I can't help but feel that if anyone had influence and money like him they'd all be pushing their cause, so why is he so chicken shit to not come out and say it!

Back