WANTED: ID3 tagging software

Mirlyn

I'm starting to look at standardizing my mp3 collection. What I need is a piece of software that will redo all the ID3 tagging on my collection. If its ID3 v2.0, I'll need it changed to ID3 v1.x. I also want track numbers to be stripped. Actual filenames don't need to change, and in fact, I'd rather they not (for track order purposes).

For the files that do not have a ID3 tag, I want to be able to play and create them (so show them to me). I know I can do this in Winamp, but it gets a little tedious to right click and edit the properties on 14k+ songs :retard:

I've found a few such programs here and there, but haven't tried them and most are trials. Any suggestions or experience in this is much appreciated! :headbang:

Look for a program called the Godfather. If you can't find it, let me know, I think I still have the installer saved on my pc at home. It's a freeware program, works great for big collections.

PuterTutor said:
Look for a program called the Godfather. If you can't find it, let me know, I think I still have the installer saved on my pc at home. It's a freeware program, works great for big collections.

Yeah, I still had it from when you posted here. I tried it last night, but didn't put a whole lot of time into figuring it out :p. It wouldn't load my entire collection, only a few folders. I'm still trying to determine what's the best way of doing this without losing information anyway. I'll give it another shot tonight. :headbang:

Jesus, you must have a huge collection, I ran all 2200+ of mine through it and it handled it just fine. :shrug:

PuterTutor said:
Jesus, you must have a huge collection, I ran all 2200+ of mine through it and it handled it just fine. :shrug:
It quit on mine halfway through the B folder....about 1000 songs.

I guess I could do letter-by-letter....

Back