War of the Worlds

chcr

Too cute for words
Just got back. Pretty good adaptation, had some of the important stuff from the book in it.

Just got back from seeing too. It would be a good movie if they would have removed the last 5 minutes. The ending was just pathetic and
his son alive at Boston c'mon.

Btw, those things destroyed small villes but
Boston remained intact?
WTF?

At the beginning with the lightnings nothing worked, not even cars, but soon after you see a guy with his handycam filming the whole thing........... :rolleyes:

Luis G said:
At the beginning with the lightnings nothing worked, not even cars, but soon after you see a guy with his handycam filming the whole thing........... :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was the first discrepancy I noticed too. Right after they made the point about his cell phone not working too. Still, this isn't art, it's blockbuster making.

Winky said:
I knew you'd love that!
I'm sure that 9/11 is exactly what H.G. Wells had in mind when he wrote it in the 1890s. :lol:

P.S. Anyone besides me ever hear "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of the Worlds?" If you haven't, allow me to reccomend it. Completely worth the price just for the narration by Richard Burton, but the music is fantastic too.

I'm so relieved that this movie is finally out. Maybe Tom can change the body hugging T-shirt & leave the TV screen now.

Luis G said:
Just got back from seeing too. It would be a good movie if they would have removed the last 5 minutes. The ending was just pathetic and his son alive at Boston c'mon.

Btw, those things destroyed small villes but Boston remained intact? WTF?

ahhh SAY SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Speilberg has a clunker besides THX-1138 now.

The ending is so predictable (although I did like the conclusion)

chcr said:
P.S. Anyone besides me ever hear "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War of the Worlds?" If you haven't, allow me to reccomend it. Completely worth the price just for the narration by Richard Burton, but the music is fantastic too.

Listened to it again just last week. Great.

chcr said:

I FUCKING LOVE THAT!!!!!
my mom played that for me from an early age and i am in love with that album.
especially that justin hayward is involved :love: *moodies fan radar goes off*

i work in a bookstore, a little mall-version of borders books and music. and one day a customer came in and asked my coworker if she knew anything about a version of war of the worlds he'd heard someone talk about. the words "it had richard burton narrating" drifted into my ears, and my coworker's confusion over whether or not it was an audiobook was overcome by me exclaiming "JEFF WAYNE'S MUSICAL VERSION OF WAR OF THE WORLDS, YEAH DUDE!!" we called the big borders store and somehow they had one?! unexpected but awesome!

my mom thinks my destiny for working there is to lead that man in the right direction of this amazing work of art.

Yeah, it was ok 'til the end.

Not enough destruction though. :D

EDIT: A Scientologist, killing a radical Lib.
I'm not sure how that would play in the real world??? :devious:

they didnt get the telecast of the World Series by invasion time. figured we suffered enough and left the city alone.

Back