Watch "Milk Truck" :D

Too bad Discovery has little to nothing to do with education or mind probing topics anymore. Ever since Rupert Murdochs empire bought them out a few years back its been nothing but 'ex-felon bike welding' and 'your house is ugly'. I miss the days when they did stuff about space, literature, dinosaurs...

Professur said:
It was funny the first time I saw it.

I saw it last night for the first time.

unclehobart said:
Too bad Discovery has little to nothing to do with education or mind probing topics anymore. Ever since Rupert Murdochs empire bought them out a few years back its been nothing but 'ex-felon bike welding' and 'your house is ugly'. I miss the days when they did stuff about space, literature, dinosaurs...

You have to watch the Science Channel now to get that. :shrug: Good show about the way tsunamis work on Discovery last night though.

You mean you don't like fat ugly guys welding or really bad decorating????

I watch the Sci Channel once in a while... but even there a good bit of what they show are the aging old shows of Discovery when Discovery was actually about discovery. Only a handfull of what they present is new and cutting edge. I just think it a bit annoying that you have to get either a sattelite or digital cable and bump up to at least the third level package to be able to get a dose of knowledge when the freebie stuff is equal to the stuff you scrape off of your boot.

unclehobart said:
I watch the Sci Channel once in a while... but even there a good bit of what they show are the aging old shows of Discovery when Discovery was actually about discovery. Only a handfull of what they present is new and cutting edge. I just think it a bit annoying that you have to get either a sattelite or digital cable and bump up to at least the third level package to be able to get a dose of knowledge when the freebie stuff is equal to the stuff you scrape off of your boot.

I watch NOVA too. I agree 100% though.

Discovery Times (yep, that NY Times) today had a show on the Inuits. Their ages old lifestyle, crap like that. Of course, it (several times) made clear & present danger points about western civilization encroaching & destroying their natural & pure way of life. Things like pollution in water (made from melting ice in aluminum pots) and how the global warming phenomena has lessened the annual snowfall. ("Some years, there is very little snow, some years it snows too early"). Gotta hate teh white guy for those damned early September blizzards :rolleyes:

Discovery Science has outstanding space shows.

Hey anyone remember when TLC channel use to actually have anything with "learning" in it.....not "remodel my piss hole" shows....good times huh

or when MTV had music videos on it and was revolutionary.....

That one was also bought out by Rupert Murdoch. Once they replaced the good stuff with the cop chases and other fluff, the ratings went from something like a 1.7 share to a near 3... and for half the production costs.

Back