We have almost no water

Stop Laughing

Our water main bursted tonight, and now there's water flowing down the main street here. I just tried our water, it's running at about 1/3 of its normal power. They've blocked off the area and have limited traffic through, but the worst I bet is yet to come. They're predicting below zero temperatures tonight, and when they finally cap it off, it won't take long to turn 25th Avenue into the largest skating rink in the area outside of Lake Michigan. Also, how will the temperature affect our running water within the main if it's open to the frigid air right now? At this time, I'm seeing now the 5th plow full of rock salt come this way, they're getting ready for it, but just how much will it take to stop it?

That'd take forever tonight, I'll buy some water tomorrow at work. I just hope we'll be able to flush the toilets after tonight.

Nope, not 24 hour, but it's open for another hour and a half. I'll bring home some water after work tomorrow, we don't really need it that bad tonight. Good thing I went to the bathrrom before I left work. :D

Back