We just got Renteria.

I'd like to reply, but I haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about. Is that a new satelite service or summat?

This one predates the other one. I started the other one (on advice of someone else) to consolidate trade talk.

I am glad we gave him up. I know he needed time to adjust to a new team, but there is just no excuse for a 30 error season by somebody who should be a topflight SS. Don't know much about Andy Marte specifically, but you're farm team is supposedly rated pretty high and he is the top ranked guy in there. But from what I hear, we are turning him around, probably to TB for Julio Lugo, which I could live with.

By the way, I loved that Loretta trade!

We'll see how he does down here. We've turned problem children around before, and Renteria doesn't really fall low enough to be in that category. I think he'll be a good match as long as he gets along with the staff.

I'm just about giddy to see Kolb pack his fuckin' bags, though.

We'll see. I wish he had done for us last year what he had done for St.Louis before then. But oh well, Lugo should be servicable. Now all we need to do is sign Damon and keep Manny...

rrfield said:
Oh, and by the way, we are officially NON-LOSERS. 81-81 baby, ain't no stoppin' us now!

You just got Kolb back. Wave bye-bye to .500 as you drop below it.

Kolb was good for us the year before. He won't see the 9th inning though. Derrick Turnbow - 7-1, 1.74 ERA, 39 saves, 4 blown saves, with 2 blown saves turning into wins.

woodman19_99 said:
Wow, I've never heard of a Brewers fan... You guys are in kind of a tough division with the cubbies and cards...

Yeah, I know it's hard to believe there are teams other than the BoSox and Yanks ;)

Remember Buckner? He about broke my heart :(

Hey now, the Braves WERE playin at the Green Monster when the SOX were away, then moved to Milwakee, then to Atlanta. I love 'em both, and learned to score a game before I was 5 years old.

My dream woud be Braves vs Red Sox in the World Series. (Sox win 4-3)

Back