Welcome to Florida...

Ardsgaine

Please Don't Feed the Alligators.

Attachment(s):

gator.jpg, 72.06kb

201_1026762812.jpg

:laugh:

yeah, but then we'd be into the whole missing children thing, that'd be a big deal...*sigh*

:D

Leslie said:
yeah, but then we'd be into the whole missing children thing, that'd be a big deal...*sigh*

Oh, that's easy... just buy each kid a poodle to keep with him at all times. Gators always go for the dog first, and that'll give the kid time to escape.

:p ;)

holyphreakingcow, that's HUGE! I don't like to think about anything that can actually swallow me whole ... :D

nalani said:
holyphreakingcow, that's HUGE! I don't like to think about anything that can actually swallow me whole ... :D

These things really spook me. I had a nightmare once about being chased by one. I went into my dad's back yard, and there was this big muddy dtich that was teaming with alligators. One of them crawled out and started after me. I went back into the front yard and climbed up on my dad's truck. The alligator actually started climbing up the side of the truck. Thank goodness I woke up...

The winter before last and I took my daughter down to the St Mark's Wildlife Refuge to look around. We took our cameras so we could snap some pics. 's got a real nice camera with telephoto lens and all that. We only saw one going in on the main road, so we decided to hike this trail that goes along the top of a levy. There's water on either side, and beyond the water reedy swampland. We saw several smallish gators as we walked along. Didn't see a really big one until we got about three-quarters of a mile in. He was huge... and only about fifty yards away on the other side of the canal that ran along the levy. and I aimed our cameras and we were trying to maneuver for a clear shot, when the sumbitch dove into the water like a flash of lightning. Scared the living shit out of both of us. We backed up a little bit, wondering where in the hell he was going to surface. Meanwhile, Anna's dancing around on the levy playing around. I grabbed her and said, "be still, you look like bait!" We moved back towards the van a bit, keeping an eye on the grass at the base of the levy but he never showed himself. Finally, we went on a little further and took a few more pics, but the fun had really gone out of it. We turned around and went back to the van pretty soon afterwards, a lot more nervous than when we set out. :eek6:

(, that's your cue... scan in one of those beautiful pics you promised me and post it for everyone.)

Back