Welcome to the world

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
created by the 60's...Those who were actually around for the sixties will, most likely, have an intelligent argument against this slap. Others may squabble as they please, but...either way...this is a tragedy that could've been averted. This child was, most likely, under a lot of pressure to 'succeed'. His 'parents' are, most likely, what we used to call "yuppies". They probably had every aspect of this childs life planned out from birth to age 23. :mope:

Could be. Or maybe he saw a hanging scene in a movie, on TV, on a video game, on a cartoon, whatever, and being a kid decided to try it.

Or maybe it could have been any number of things. We don't know, and never will.

Sadly, a certain number of kids die each year in things like this. Death by misadventure if you will.

This child was, most likely, under a lot of pressure to 'succeed'. His 'parents' are, most likely, what we used to call "yuppies". They probably had every aspect of this childs life planned out from birth to age 23. :mope:

yes, that's most certianly what it is.

no, wait, it's guns that kill people - not people that kill guns - that caused this.

no, wait again, it must be the video games and rock and roll.

created by the 60's...Those who were actually around for the sixties will, most likely, have an intelligent argument against this slap. Others may squabble as they please, but...either way...this is a tragedy that could've been averted. This child was, most likely, under a lot of pressure to 'succeed'. His 'parents' are, most likely, what we used to call "yuppies". They probably had every aspect of this childs life planned out from birth to age 23. :mope:

I dunno about the 60's issue, the late 50's-60's is when TV made the world viewable from your living room.Post WW2 prosperity and memories were waning.

Children are actually very durable but emotional stress is something the requires skills children do not have. Not pleasing your parents is a huge stress of children whose minds, at 7, think the rest of the world is just like their family.

The problem here was developed during the kids short time, by the skills or lack of skills, of the parents. But I can't bag on them, they've already had more insight then I could ever give them.

My kids are top of their class, both winning the science fair for their respective grades, twice. We don't force them to do any of it. We taught them about 'sense of self' - - who are you? which we can guide but can't create, that is their choice. They're strong and compassionate, they understand both sides of the coin, which is: life is not always what you want, but if you do your best and usually you get acceptable results.

Back