well i just had cable installed

G

it looks like i could be getting broadband one of these days. you might think i am gonna dump my dialup. but no, the antenna basic with a brand new line installed looks like shit. it's fuzzy and has lines on some channels. the installer was a prick and didn't like it that i wasn't happy with it. i'll try my cable for a while and if i don't like it then i'll tell the company to fuck off.

We live out in the boonies, and that's what our cable looked like too, most of the time. And the customer service was about as good as yours sounds. So, we've now gone to satellite, which is great, and as clear as can be.

The thing with satellite, though, is at the hint of bad weather (rain, heavy snow, some high winds), the satellite goes out, and usually doesn't come back until the weather has passed. Which means, in essence, the exact times that you'd want to be in watching tv, or that the kids would be wanting to, are also the exact times that the satellite is out. :retard:

Really? My satellite goes out when it's truly pissing outside, but it usually takes a heavy storm.

What kind of signal strength are you getting on your channels? Changing the tranceiver channel might help.

It runs around 91% on clear days, 80% on non-clear days, and of course 0% in pissing rain or heavy snows. I'd never thought of trying another channel during the lighter part of storms - I may give it a whirl :headbang:

Those cover things are supposed to help too, so we're going to pick up on of them. Hopefully it makes a difference.

I've got DirectTv too, and it has to be really shitten and gettin before it goes out. Check to see how tight the dish is too, any wobble and the wind will move it around enough to lose the signal.

My dish is fantastic. I only had the local channels installed on cable so I could get Broadband. We'll see how it pans out.

HomeLAN said:
Really? My satellite goes out when it's truly pissing outside, but it usually takes a heavy storm.

What kind of signal strength are you getting on your channels? Changing the tranceiver channel might help.

Could also depend on the frequency range they're using, might be higher, also her general atmospheric conditions may vary in a storm different than yours, my sats pretty stable in any weather :headbang:

Leslie said:
We live out in the boonies, and that's what our cable looked like too, most of the time. And the customer service was about as good as yours sounds. So, we've now gone to satellite, which is great, and as clear as can be.

The thing with satellite, though, is at the hint of bad weather (rain, heavy snow, some high winds), the satellite goes out, and usually doesn't come back until the weather has passed. Which means, in essence, the exact times that you'd want to be in watching tv, or that the kids would be wanting to, are also the exact times that the satellite is out. :retard:

I love my dish! Hilo rains a lot, and it only screwed up the signal once.

Back