well-rested, well-injured

nalani

I'm back from my trek across razor-sharp lava! hehehe :D

It was a great camping trip - I mreally missed ku'u and her little family though :(

I haven't slept that good in ages! Listening the the waves break right there, a mere 100 yards from you *sigh* ... it's so restful.

I went surfing on Saturday - there's a beach with a great inshore break and since it's been 10+ years since I've been out there, I figured, "why not?" so I grabbed a board and went out .. it was great! I even got a nene rash! :D (the sign of a true surfer :D) ... all of Saturday night I wondered why I ever gave it up .. just because I had to be a "grown up" was no reason ... surely, I can still be a mom and surf .... then yesterday we went surfing again .. I caught a few really great waves then, on one in particular, I miss judged the break .. the wave broke left, I broke right .. and my foot .. well, let's just say it just plain broke :D .. actually, I don't know if it's broken or not .. I haven't gone to the doctor. I heard and felt something crack but we were in the middle of nowhere .. nothing else to do but grab the board and go out for another back set :) .. my left foot was perfectly fine for kicking :D ... when I was done and the pain was the throbbing and radiating up my calf, it dawned on me why I don't surf anymore :D

I'll post some pics so you guys can have a slightly better idea of what ku'u was talking about in her related thread ... but not the one of my nene rash :D

kuulani said:
hey nan, you could've been the star on Lilo & Stitch! :D

I was the star ... wasn't her name Nani? They had do change the name slightly to protect my identity :D

Here's one of my mum ... she's the coolest :)

Attachment(s):

mom002.jpg, 64.42kb

54_1027364487.jpg

and here's one of the ocean ... go ahead .. you can drool :)

Attachment(s):

kekai002.jpg, 21.23kb

54_1027365316.jpg

that's better ... here's one of me surfing ... I think ... I named most of the pics "surfing" but I'm not sure which are which *L*

Attachment(s):

surfing003.2.jpg, 23.72kb

54_1027365760.jpg

and here's one of the camping gang ... well, most of us .. some of us aren't in this pic

Attachment(s):

thegang003.jpg, 93.17kb

54_1027365894.jpg

ok .. last one I think .. then that's enough of that ...

here's one of the pond area .. it's low tide ...

Attachment(s):

thepond.jpg, 83.81kb

54_1027365995.jpg

kuulani said:
beautiful ocean ... beautiful tans ... is that pic of your mum taken before or after the wine? :cocktail:

:D ... it was before the "Ulu, you're old - you don't have go out of the pond to cook dinner .. that's why we had children!" and after the "I CAN SWIM! SAVE THE WINE!" incidents

:D

hehehe .. they started out with cups but when they realized it was just too cumbersome, they started drinking right out of the bottle ... of course, one was a white wine and one was a red wine so every so often they'd trade ... :D

nalani said:
kuulani said:
I don't think she has a pic of herself in a bikini ... she does have one of cleavage though ;)

shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

:D

Cleavage! Cleavage! We want cleavage! :headbang:

Down in the valley,
The valley so low...

:p :p

I have a good pic of Jan in her bikini from this summer, but I think she'd kill me if I posted it. ;)

Back