Went to a videogame convention a week ago

flavio

Banned
Went to the G.A.M.E. convention in San Francisco last week. It's supposedly headed to some other cities now.

Got some good ideas for games I'll need for Christmas. Some of the games I thought were really good were...

Guitar Heroes (PS2) - definitely getting this one soon
Resident Evil 4 (PS2) - I played this for awhile until an enormous boss pummeled the hell out of me.
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth (PC) - This was cool. I wanted to compare it to Age of Empires 3 but AoE wasn't there.
Dead or Alive 4 (XBox 360) - Great fighting game.
God of War (PS2) - Extremely well done ultra-violence
Burnout Revenge (PS2) - Got to have this racing game
King Kong (Xbox 360) - I wasn't expecting much but this was surprisingly cool

Best Buy had some example living room setups where you could sit in cushy chairs and play 4-player Call of Duty 2 and Quake 4 on big plasma screens with a high end surround system. Call of Duty 2 was a blast but I didn't make it to the Quake booth.

I was there for almost 12 hours playing games. Got free copies of The Matrix Online and Star Wars Galaxies, a few new T-Shirts, a bunch of other swag and I won a 4GB iPod Nano because I was wearing a G4TV shirt.

Also met Kevin Pereira from Attack of the Show (used to be The Screen Savers) and saw Flava Flav.

Hell of a deal for the $16 it cost me.

Burnout Revenge (PS2)
i have this one. its still fun crashing into traffic and it has been just annoying enough to keep playing. the second version is still my favorite though.

I rented the second version (Takedown?) for a weekend. I kind of like how you can crash traffic out of your way in the new one. Seem like there are more opportunities to get airborne in the new one too.

What do you like about the second version?

i never played the original version. bought the second one after reading reviews.
i like the second one mostly because it was something different from the regular racing type games. guess its like why the first movie is better than the sequel.

You went to an actual video game convention? Did people dress up as their favourite game characters or something?

*Colour me intrigued*

Back