went to see LOEG wasnt that bad

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
league of extrodinary gentlemen. make sure you know your books and fabled hero's. otherwise like me you will be lost.
This was a nicely filmed movie. FX was great and not overly dramatic. most of it could actually happen in RL.
Over all a great movie.

samcurry said:
league of extrodinary gentlemen. make sure you know your books and fabled hero's. otherwise like me you will be lost.
This was a nicely filmed movie. FX was great and not overly dramatic. most of it could actually happen in RL.
Over all a great movie.
it sounds interesting from what you've said...i think i might give it a go :D

It was one of the few films I thought looked interesting recently but the reviews were awful. Now I'm stuck.

Go see it. I thought it was good.

Personally, I don't put much stock in what critics say.

You just have to see a movie and decide for yourself.

Just a question, did they dumb it down or did each of the heros have a serious character flaw? (IE: I believe the invisible man impregnated nuns in LXG comics.)

This was the biggest waste of time and money I've expereinced since Star Trek: Nemesis. Characters were boring (except for the Mia and sometimes Dorian characters) and the special effects were incredibly sub-par.

The plot? Stupid, and contrived. The makeup on the invisible man kept appearing and disappearing as it was convenient.

And taming Mr. Hyde to be a good guy? COMPLETELY FUCKING LAME.

I hated it. Bad. And it's just so sad that they were trying to really drum up the suspense at the end by making sure we all know there's going to be a sequel without actually having the words "STAY TUNED FOR LOEG: II SUMMER 2005!" slapped across the screen. I wasn't the only one laughing.

*sigh*

pc_builder said:
Go see it. I thought it was good.

Personally, I don't put much stock in what critics say.

You just have to see a movie and decide for yourself.

Ctitiques of supposed to be bad films I always ignore (like Jaws 27 in 3D was supposed to be good)

but when a film is not a remake or sequel & they say it sucks, it usually sucks.

NF said:
The makeup on the invisible man kept appearing and disappearing as it was convenient.

Isn't that the point of being an invisible man, so you can be invisible when you want to be?

I went to the 10:00 show last night, I liked it.

Back