Westboro aaagain

catocom

High Court Raises Doubts About Marine Father's Case Against Westboro Church

Justice Samuel Alito focused on the intent behind the signs held by the protesters, including one that said, "God Hates You." There has been disagreement in lower courts about whether that sign was directed specifically at a member of the Snyder family or was a more generalized statement of hyperbole.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...fathers-case-westboro-church/?test=latestnews

While I think the so-called church had a 'right' to the protest,
what I don't understand is how they can use the actual word 'Hate',
and it not fall under the Hate speech law part.
I think they should be cited for hate speech.

Hate speech laws and hate laws are silly.

I prefer the community method where they just don't happen to have any cops around when WBC protest. ;)

The pieces of shit are exactly why we have the 1st Amendment. Nobody gets mad when you say "Save the children, and here, use my funds".

They are on public property. They are shitheads. They have the right, much like the Ground Zero Mosque. Because they can doesn't mean they should.

The Patriot Guard Riders have given us a solution. We don't ned government to interfere.

As for Hate Speech. Liberal crap. There is no such thing.

yeah, but I wonder why we don't hear the libbys speaking out about this group.

I still think they are lib plants.

It just seems with all the double standards, it's impossible to know really
what the rules/laws are anymore with many things.

Has 0bozo put in his .02 about Westboro yet? Has he ever confirmed their legal right to protest soldiers' funerals?

Or has he said they are acting "stupidly" like Terry Jones was?

Has 0bozo put in his .02 about Westboro yet? Has he ever confirmed their legal right to protest soldiers' funerals?

um, why? it's not his job to confirm a legal right. or to comment on some random bunch of dipshits. (maybe you should sign up for a basic civics class at the local high school?)

um, why? it's not his job to confirm a legal right. or to comment on some random bunch of dipshits. (maybe you should sign up for a basic civics class at the local high school?)

Tell that to your prezbo, maybe he will take your advice! (how did your basic civics class work out for you?)

And that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in Lower Manhattan....

Obama added his voice to a chorus of criticism of the proposed Koran-burning in an interview broadcast Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America" program.

right. and the random dipshits at westboro are certainly as big an issue as the other two you mention.

:retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard:

he can comment on whatever he likes but typically presidents don't comment on such puny issues or groups. you're the one who asked about his two cents. maybe go be clever down at the local pool hall? i'm sure it would be fun for you.

Why, as a matter of fact....I LOVE 8 Ball!

What is your issue anyway, skippadeedoodah???

One day two cows are in a field. One says to the other
"Are you worried about this 'Mad Cow Disease"?

The other one says "'Mad Cow Disease'? What do I care? I'm a tractor."

Back