what a great day

Dave

the dog let me sleep in
the weather was fantastic. high 70's with a slight breeze
played ball with the dog while grilling some chicken for lunch. had corn on the cob to go with it. watermellon for dessert.
driving around doing errands with the windows down, the sunroof open and the music up. very few knuckleheads on the road.
going to kick back tonight with a couple of beers and watch a movie or the Sox game.

sounds like an awesome day to me! Glad for ya!

Were going to adventure island water park today! Hope its fun!

That does sound like a kickass day.

I unfortunately have to work, but it is my last weekend of work until August, and next weekend will be spent packing and moving!

It's been a pretty good last couple of days, except for the fact I'm a Cubs fan. :mad: At least your team is watchable. The Cubs haven't even had the lead in a game since Monday until now after scoring their first run in almost 30 innings, lost a 1-0 game in 11 innings last night. :sleep: Makes me glad I'm not wasting my money on cable. I'll also find out tomorrow if I'm going to need to take time off in mid-July for a mini vacation in Fort Lauderdale...

yeah. they've had a couple of good games against Baltimore.
you dont have cable at all or is the sports channel a pay one?

Excluding national broadcasts, there's 5 different channels the Cubs could be on on any given night (excluding TBS when they're facing the Braves), 3 on cable and 2 local. We had a falling out with the cable company years ago and haven't gone back, but satellite dish options are being discussed right now, but this season... yuck. At least Sox fans have to suffer the same 5 channel mayhem too. Add in those national broadcasts, there's at least 8 channel numbers we have to remember, and they can be different based on the local cable provider, makes it fun when going out to eat and trying to find them on TV there.

BTW Inky, you saw that the other day Chan 'Oh Krap' shutout the Cubs for 9 innings, but didn't get the win. We shut them out too until the 11th where we lost it 1-0. We're out to prove that you can't win with pitching alone, I guess. It was more exciting watching the Mets-Braves 40+ man 18 inning marathon game on the Gameday screen than listening to the Cubs that night.

Back