What about Judaisim

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Shouln't that be protected as well? How about Christinity? Athesism? Buddahism? Wicca?

Say, how about we don't allow anyone, anywhere, to say anything that might be construed as un-positive. That'll fix all the problems. Won't it?

The Organization of the Islamic Conference, a 57 member Muslim voting block, has asked the United Nations to take measures against what they call “Islamophobia.” Thomas Jacobson is with Focus on the Family Action

“What the Arab nations are asking the UN to do is to protect them from any criticism against their religion. And that is not something that the UN should do.”

Source

All religions are open to be criticised. Hating an entire group of people is different. If we are only going to protect the Muslims from any criticism then we shall protect all Pagan religions, Xtians, Jews, and the rest. Besides religion itself can be un-positive or it can be positive. Since it can be un-positive (Islamic terrorists, IRA, ETA, Army of god) maybe we should outlaw it? Or keep it but they cant say a damn thing. That part doesnt work for me, just dont hate the religion just the ones who give it a bad name

Try opening an email account with a-l-l-a-h anywhere in it... it will most likely fail. It is not so for any other religion. I can't decide wether it is persecution, kneejerk lawyer reactions, or protectionism of a sort.

There was a story that I read just today of a man named callahan trying to open an account... but he couldn't because his name was a slur against god. What fun.

Yahoo simply didn't want Islamic hackers taking them down because some asshole started sending messages using [email protected]. Stands to reason that names with potentially offensive intentions should be screened. Sort of like the registration at Xi. The problem is the server (and manpower) load to manage it.

Back