What about people who dislike pets?

markjs

Banned
I distrust them. To me, if you can't show your affection to an animal and you dislike animals, I think there is something wrong with you. I have no hard science on my side, but I just don't like people who don't like pets.

markjs said:
I distrust them. To me, if you can't show your affection to an animal and you dislike animals, I think there is something wrong with you. I have no hard science on my side, but I just don't like people who don't like pets.
ditto.

Well...I don't own a pet. I haven't had one since 1980. Does that mean I'm a bad person? Guess it does now. :mope:

For the record...If I was to get a pet, it would most likely be a cat. True, I'm allergic to cats, but I just think that cats are 'cool'.

Just because you don't have a pet doesn't mean you don't like them.Some people who own pets and treat them like shit obviously don't like pets.Sometimes not having them shows a great deal of respect and love for somethign you know your not going to have the time or finances to care for.This is why I don't have or want children,I like kids ,but know it wouldn't be the correct thing for them.

Well...I don't own a pet.

And Gato ,you don't own pets ,they own you :swing:

OK let me make this clearer. I distrust people who dislike pets. I know many people who like pets but do not have any, and they are fine by me. It's people who totally dislike animals in general that get my goat. Obviously if you had a pet in 1980 you are not the kind of person I am referring to Gato.

I only know of one person in RL who really disliked animals, especially cats. He was a total jackass (guess that comes from being a lawyer, too :D ). Anyways, he had a daughter a few years ago, Jessica, and after about 4 months or so she had breathing problems, and after a lot of tests they found her to have the worst form of SMA (spinal muscular atrophy), she's now paralyzed from the neck down. This must've drove him insane because then he bailed out on her and his wife at the time, leaving no contacts so she could even go after him for child support and med bills which, as you can imagine, are astronomical. His now ex-wife has since not been able to hold a steady job mostly because she has to stay home to watch Jessica as she requires 24 hour nursing. Her oldest son has been a huge help to her, as well as her first ex-husband (her oldest son's father), he's come back and has helped watch Jessica as well as helping her pay the bills.

Of course, viewing other animal dislikers out there based on him would be stereotypical of me, but this guy's the kind of guy that is the lowest of the low in my book, but obviously not because he dislikes animals. Just because someone doesn't like animals doesn't mean they're totally bad people, but it doesn't help a whole lot, IMO.

markjs said:

I don't like pets but have nothing against them either. Indifferent I am....so that makes me a quasi-satanist?

IDLEchild said:
I don't like pets but have nothing against them either. Indifferent I am....so that makes me a quasi-satanist?

Don't like pets for you? Or don't like animals at all? If you can't feel something when you hold a cute cuddly newborn puppy or kitten then you are the type I am talking about. If you do feel something in such a situation then you are not.

A lot of landlords don't seem to like pets, it seems. Although, at this apartment I'm moving into I'm allowed to have fish, which is more than my old apartment complex would allow. So now I'm trying to decide whether to get fish or not.

I am gonna have some fishies when I move back to Hamilton.

2 fishes is a gigantic wine glass type thingy...it will be exciting.

i love animals. i love dogs...but i've never had much luck with dogs. i prefer my cats and my cage animals. i've been contemplating a fish tank for marlowe's birthday (she loves fish) but i really don't trust my self to clean it on a regular basis and she is too young to do it.maybe a bowl of golfish that all i have to do is change the water when it gets cloudy....

I can't even imagine living in a house without pets, I've always been used to dogs,cats, etc being around :confused: And they are usually better company than most humans :D

As for people who dislike pets............ I don't really know any :confused:

As for halfwits who get a pet, then neglect/mistreat it........just pass the shotgun, it won't be poor lil' fido that'll be gettin' put to sleep :)

Back