What do you do ...

kuulani

when you have to type something for a higherup ... and the word he wants to use is not even a word?

preparingly

Is that even a word?!?! :D

It is when the person wanting you to use it is "higher up"... :D I doubt they will be there long, though.

pre·pare Pronunciation Key (pr-pâr)
v. pre·pared, pre·par·ing, pre·pares
v. tr.
To make ready beforehand for a specific purpose, as for an event or occasion The teacher prepared the students for the exams.
To put together or make by combining various elements or ingredients; manufacture or compound prepared a meal; prepared the lecture.
To fit out; equip prepared the ship for an arctic expedition.
Music. To lead up to and soften (a dissonance or its impact) by means of preparation.

v. intr.
To make things or oneself ready.
To study or complete a course of study at a preparatory school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English preparen, from Old French preparer, from Latin praeparre prae-, pre- + parre, prepare, equip; see per-1 in Indo-European Roots.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pre·pared·ly (-pârd-l) adv.
pre·parer n.

Get it on CD. You can get the entire unabriged mega puppy on a few thin wafers of plastic in lieu af a mid sized book shelf.

At least a computer search engine offers alternatives. Most people who are horrid spellers don't have a hope in hell of finding the root word in a dictionary as it is.

*nudges a man on a park bench* 'I'd like to fondle her excitly opportunables.. wink wink nudge nudge, say no more.

unclehobart said:
*nudges a man on a park bench* 'I'd like to fondle her excitly opportunables.. wink wink nudge nudge, say no more.

Leave my opportunables alone.

*feels anothr OTC word coming on* :rolleyes:

*waiting to see how long it'll take for the thread to no longer be about words being spelledly correctly*

Back