What, exactly, is racism?

I'm going to post on this topic, but not until at least three of five selected people make their contributions. To do so before will only sidetrack your intended line of dialogue.

You kidding? They're busy trying to tell me that the standards they adhere to will not change...:lol:

What, exactly, is racism?

To dislike people based solely on their race.

I have no problems with jokes or shows depicting exaggerated feats of any race. It is supposed to be funny anyway.

To dislike people based solely on their race.

I have no problems with jokes or shows depicting exaggerated feats of any race. It is supposed to be funny anyway.

Not bad, for a mexican. :lol:

"Why hate people for the color of their skin where there are so many good reasons to hate them on an individual basis?"

Is this racism? How about this? How about the portrayal of these people? How about this show? Much as we like to deny its existence, racism is on this world no matter where you live.

One more point...why is thisracism more heinous than this racism?

1. nope.
2. there was an exaggerated fear of blacks in cincinnatti. that being said, there were some serious issues with crime. i blame poor people. because they are immoral. what are you asking, again? is what, specifically, racist?
3. no that's just funny.
4. no.
5. um, so what are you asking again?
6. yeah torture seems a little more upsetting than hurling a few labels.

you seem very conflicted.

umm, i only read the first of those links, but i always think it's hilarious when a jury is said to be "all white" or "all men" or all anything. the jury pool is picked randomly, and the jury itself is picked based on certain factors made to decide if there is bias. if there is bias, the juror is not picked. and if they are, and if there's really a big issue with the verdict the jury finds, you can totally move to get a new trial.

more of the news media blowing what happens in court all out of proportion. (happens all the time, no wonder no one has any idea how things work).

Racism is an act based solely upon race.

Is racism bad? Not necessarily. Discrimination is based upon experience. Does it suck? Yea, usually.

Will it ever end? No.

I know this is the place to start and carry on arguments but it just seems like this guy picks things out of the blue that seem like good argument topics, and starts it. I just think that's juvenile... but if that's the purpose of this forum, cool. :)

I know this is the place to start and carry on arguments but it just seems like this guy picks things out of the blue that seem like good argument topics, and starts it. I just think that's juvenile... but if that's the purpose of this forum, cool. :)

yep you hit the nail right on the head!

It wasn't the purpose. Unfortunately, all attempts at opposing conversation became BUSH SUCKS. So it sits. It is fun to feed the animals though.

It wasn't the purpose. Unfortunately, all attempts at opposing conversation became BUSH SUCKS. So it sits. It is fun to feed the animals though.

um, i didn't see anything about BUSH SUCKS in this thread until YOU mentioned it.

someone IS a racist

yep.

and i just love those "i dare you to call me a racist" threads, especially those posted by folks that spend a curiously inordinate amount of time surfing for examples of uppity minorities to get upset about.

Back