What happens now?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
This kid should've been provided counseling until he turned adult. He was visciously brutalized and, from the looks of things, never got over it. :mope:

It's kinda hard to get over it when you have 40 surgeries in 18 months up your ass. The guy probably never sat down or took a dump without extreme pain. It was just a part of his every waking moment existence.

What happened to the subhumans that did this to him, I wonder? I must admit I didn't read the entire article as it sickened me.

What happened to the subhumans that did this to him, I wonder? I must admit I didn't read the entire article as it sickened me.

And what really burns me is that they called this a 'hate crime'. There was hate involved, but the crimes were assault and battery, sexual battery, and assault with a deadly weapon. The two responsible were convicted for aggravated sexual assault and sentenced to life and 90 years respectively.

I believe if they call it a hate crime as well the aforementioned they can seek the death penalty and plead down from there.

I believe if they call it a hate crime as well the aforementioned they can seek the death penalty and plead down from there.

The term 'hate crime' was invented because of the disparity in justice when the victims were minorities. Its a way to get monetary compensation if criminal justice is denied...hence there is no such thing, really, as a hate crime.

The term 'hate crime' was invented because of the disparity in justice when the victims were minorities. Its a way to get monetary compensation if criminal justice is denied...hence there is no such thing, really, as a hate crime.

huh?

because it was invented there is no such thing? by that logic my toaster should go *poof* and cease to exist.

i'm pretty sure all them lynchings the KKK did years ago were pretty real. and i'm pretty sure they were hate crimes, though likely they weren't called such back then.

A crime is a crime. Adding Orwellian chants to them means zilch.

According to testimony, the attack was triggered by Ritcheson's drunken pass at one of the other teens' 12-year-old sister.

If the assholes who attacked him hadn't been shouting White Power, we'd probably be applauding them as heros.

Although he remembered nothing of the four-hour attack, Ritcheson testified about it during congressional hearings in April on a hate-crimes bill. That bill passed the House of Representatives and is now pending in a Senate committee.

Nothing quite like a witness who didn't see anything, is there?

Back