Underground Hip Hop here :swing:

Jedi Mind Tricks
Cunninlynguists
Clokworx
Hieroglyphics
7L & Esoteric
Atmosphere and a shit load more :trippy:

Gotnolegs

I'm not keen on free Jazz, other than that I love music of every genre. I have a thing for clever music, listening to a lot of Tenacious D at the moment...

Dave

i'm not a fan of Jazz music (not from a lack of trying though), old school rap and country/western. other than that, i have a little bit of everything in my collection.

tonksy

Hoon said:
Blind Melon.

There hasn't been any good music since the mid 90's
:kiss: so true!

i like music for the message as well as the beat, harmony etc. i can't pick a genre and wouldn't want to. i do have this thing, which i'm sure alot of you already know, with 80's music. i also love the 70's. new stuff is okay, i am digging on uncle kracker....i may even like him enough to buy a cd!.....of course, there is my strange penchant for justin timberlake songs....i may seek professional help...

Ms Ann Thrope

I like baroque, classic, romantic, modern and contemporary -- everything from Steve Reich to Monteverdi. Love opera, but especially 20th-21st century: Argento, Weill, Berg, Britten, Stravinsky. Love jazz, but I'm pretty much a purist here and hate fusion. Only like Miles Davis before he went electric. If you look at my sig, it's obvious I love harmolodics (aka free jazz). Rock is OK, but it doesn't engage me as much as it used to. Still have a need to listen to Lou Reed, though, about once a week. :blush:

freako104

goth and metal mostly but like all kinds

marilyn manson(a favourite of mine in top 3)
depeche mode
tool(a favourite one of my top 3)
older NIN(before the Fragile is my last of top three)
white zombie
Misfits
older KoRn(pre follow the leader)
Ozzy
Sabbath
Enya(celtic love songs)
Final Fantasy 8 soundtrack
older Metallica
Megadeth
Enigma

tonksy

ooh, i love depeche mode. and the violent femmes. and tom petty. andold nine inch nails. i used to love the sisters of mercy, but i lost my tapes and never got any of their stuff on cd...kinda just lost them...sad.

CydCharisse

I range from the heavy stuff like
Nine Inch Nails
Tool
Marilyn Manson

to 80s stuff like
INXS
Duran Duran
Gos Gos
Pat Benatar

to the overpolished "pop" like
Britney Spears
Christina
whatever else is popalar on Top 40

I listen to just about everything

Silver lady

I must admit my taste is varied I like the beatles, Queen, as well as Elton John, (his yellow brick road album is ace!) Nana Mascuri, Simon & Garfunkle to name but a few. but the one I am listening to at the mo is Meanie C's old album and also Shaggy's greatest hits.

tonksy

elton john sings two of my favorite songs, "i guess that's why they call it the blues" and "tiny dancer". i am a huge simon and garfunkel fan and apparently they are getting back together! yupyup.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
All kinds of music in all kinds of languages, the only genre i've found i can't stand is trova.

Oz

I listen to pretty much anything and everything :)

My media player is loaded with everything from Beethoven to Fields of the Nephilim :eh:

Philly

i love rock and alernative.

the doors
marylin manson
linkin park
jimi hendrix
lynyrd skynyrd
chevelle
afi
the who/guess who
many more but i cant think rites nows

but the doors are my favorite