What the American Auto industry has become

jimpeel

Here is what you can expect to see coming off the assembly lines of Government motors in the near future. The latest Obamanation.

The Yugo of tomorrow. Don't it make ya just sooooo proud?

SOURCE

GM, Segway unveil two-seat prototype

The company is developing the small electric vehicle, capable of hitting 35 mph and running for 35 miles on a single charge.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009

two_seat_segway_GI201.jpg

(UPI) - Struggling automaker General Motors Corp. took a new two-seat, electric-powered vehicle dubbed P.U.M.A. to New York for quick spin Tuesday.

The company is developing the small electric vehicle, capable of hitting 35 mph and running for 35 miles on a single charge, with Segway Inc., makers of the Personal Transporter.

Officially, the Personal Urban Mobility and Accessibility Project -- or Project P.U.M.A.-- could revolutionize city travel, GM and Segway said in a joint statement.

"It could allow people to travel around cities more quickly, safely, quietly and cleanly -- and at a lower total cost," the statement said.

"Cities around the world are actively looking for solutions to alleviate congestion and pollution. Project P.U.M.A. addresses those concerns," the statement said.

Segway Chief Executive Officer Jim Norrod said, "we are excited to be working together to demonstrate a dramatically different approach to urban mobility."

"Cities around the world are actively looking for solutions to alleviate congestion and pollution. Project P.U.M.A. addresses those concerns," the statement said.

This is GM's attempt to save itself from the hole it dug for itself.

You don't really think this car has anything to do with the president do you? :rofl2: Please tell me you aren't really that dumb. Haven't Segway and GM been working on this for 18 months? What? In anticipation of Barak Obama winning the election? Wha? :rofl:

Here is what you can expect to see coming off the assembly lines of Government motors in the near future. The latest Obamanation.

The Yugo of tomorrow. Don't it make ya just sooooo proud?

no, but i'm proud of you for trying to implicate obama in the situation the big three have found themselves in as a result of 40+ years of rabid complacency.

well, hey, obama is bowing to the saudis, and they're part of that big equation, so... yay for you.

:erm:

Hey Jim, I think Valk was trying to ask you why you were attempting to tie this to Obama considering the length of time it's been in development. Got an answer for that one?

The vehicle looks pretty cool though. I saw someone in a Segway wheelchair that was incredibly impressive a couple weeks ago.

then run right out and buy you one already.

is there room on it for the obama bumper sticker though?

is there room on it for a bird to shit and hit it?

They're not for sale yet H20.

Is that the best trolling you could come up with? Really? :laugh:

whenever i see a segway i just can't help think about baseball bats and taut wires fixed between two trees.

Hey Jim, I think Valk was trying to ask you why you were attempting to tie this to Obama considering the length of time it's been in development. Got an answer for that one?

This is the ideal car to forward Obama's vision for the auto industry.

Currently, GM has 20 vehicles which are profitable, eleven of which are trucks and SUVs. Obama wants them to stop making trucks and SUVs and go to making "green" vehicles like electric and hybrid.

This means that Obama will gut what is left of GM by getting rid of the profitable vehicles they make and forcing them to make vehicles that few people want.

The current plan is to divide GM and Chrysler into their "good" and "bad" components and then get rid of the "bad". They would then continue with the GM "good" while the Chrysler "good" would be sold to Fiat.

The rest of us end up in motorized wheelchairs.

This is the ideal car to forward Obama's vision for the auto industry.

Currently, GM has 20 vehicles which are profitable, eleven of which are trucks and SUVs. Obama wants them to stop making trucks and SUVs and go to making "green" vehicles like electric and hybrid.

This means that Obama will gut what is left of GM by getting rid of the profitable vehicles they make and forcing them to make vehicles that few people want.

The current plan is to divide GM and Chrysler into their "good" and "bad" components and then get rid of the "bad". They would then continue with the GM "good" while the Chrysler "good" would be sold to Fiat.

The rest of us end up in motorized wheelchairs.
You're stretching there, JP... and it's just not working for you. There's no connection, even though you'd like to make one. Sorry... FAIL. :lol2:

Pres. Obama doesn't need to "force" GM to make cars no body wants. GM's been doing that for years! :rolleyes:

Here's the skinny... if you don't want the gov't in your business... don't stand in the welfare line with your hand out. If GM doesn't want the gov't in it's business, don't take the bailout. GM should find another way out of the financial fuck-up they got themselves into. :thumbup:

For the record, I am not against trucks and SUVs. My husband and I own a Ford F150 for use on our ranch and I drive an SUV 40+ miles each way to/from work. (We also own a skid steer and a back hoe also.) Granted, it's a Ford Escape Hybrid that I drive ... and it gets 34 mpg ... but it's an SUV, nonetheless. ;)

hey now, jim knows all the obama admin's secret plans.

the problem is that the industry is terribly inflexible and in times of higher gas prices they get fucked, consistently, because of the emphasis on truck platforms. they themselves know this. so does anyone else that knows dick about that particular industry. it's textbook shitcan brand portfolio management, as any random MBA could tell you. it needs to change.

I'm just glad to know that there are so many of you who are okay with the President of the United States ordering the dismantling of an American company and then ordering the sale of that company to a foreign corporation.

All Hail King Obama!

I'm just glad to know that there are so many of you who are okay with the President of the United States ordering the dismantling of an American company and then ordering the sale of that company to a foreign corporation.

All Hail King Obama!
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Dude, you give him far too much credit and power!
You remind me of the far left crazies who used to equate Bush to Hitler!!!

Like I said... don't want the gov't in your business? Get out of the welfare line! :D

So Jim, it turns out there was no connection to Obama considering the length of time this has been in development huh? You failed hard there.

valkyrie said:
Like I said... don't want the gov't in your business? Get out of the welfare line!

Damn, valkyrie is tearing you up quickly.

nah, spike, now obama's involvement in everything is as pervasive as jim's knowledge of everything.

they must both be freemasons.

Back