What Where The Best New Wave Songs That Came Out™

Toolbox™

Just curiious... I know the song with the words, "I go crazy when I'm without you" and its be ringing in my head for days now and I can't seem to figure out the name of the band that sang it.

If you know... please let me know.

Other than that, what are som of the old and great New Wave Songs that came out of the 80'.

Cheers,

Toolbox

off the top of my head....

smithereens - behind the wall of sleep
psychedelic furs - love my way
romeo void - never say never
romantics - what i like about you
XTC - making plans for nigel
squeeze - tempted
soft cell - tainted love

That would be "I go crazy" by Flesh For Lulu.

I personally loved New Order and Yaz's Upstairs at Eric's. Almost everything by them.

New wave was as far from my bag as you could get. I absorbed some of it via osmosis, but retained as little memory of it as was possible. What I Like About You was by far the best IMO, although Blister In The Sun may be the most infectious of the lot.

Huge said:
It ain't Judas Priest...;)

No sir, this ain't about the Priest. Hell, it ain't even about Poison.

The Devo cover of Working in a Coalmine was actually interesting.

The Boomtown Rats...I don't Like Mondays

Most annoying new wave band in the 80's: The B52's.
Most annoying B52's song that should never have been recorded let alone played: Rock Lobster.

Madness - Our House
Modern English - I Melt With You
A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran
Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen (I still have flashbacks of the video of the bandmembers in overalls and shirtless...)

Bands like Kraftwerk, Nina Hagen, OMD (tesla girls, if you leave, enola gay) , Human League, General Public, early ( REALLY early) Duran Duran (Girls on film...i remember renting the uncut version of that video :D)

Anyone remember Adam and the Ants (Goody two shoes! :D)? I remember when Adam Ant did a guest spot on Northern exposure....

K, can someone please come and drag me back from my eighties reverie? I don't really wanna get stuck here... :(

SouthernN'Proud said:
...Blister In The Sun may be the most infectious of the lot.
Bless you for saying that. :lloyd:

I can't narrow it down to one song, but my favorite bands were mostly from that era -- the Smiths, the Cure, the Violent Femmes, Echo & the Bunnymen, Depeche Mode, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (to quote Morrissey). I have since widely expanded my musical catalogue, but that's the stuff I grew up on, wearing black and moping around being a badge of honor at the time. :rolleyes:

Back