What would you do.

IDLEchild

Taken from another board...intrigued me

From the movie Sophie's choice

The train she was travelling in arrived at their destination. She and her children disembarked and were confronted by a German officer.

The German Officer said to Sophie:

Only one of your children can Live. The other child will be executed.
He asked her to decide:
Which child should live and which child should die?
If you fail to choose she is told, both children will be executed.

She made a decision and had to live with the consequences for the rest of her life.

What choice would you make if you had to choose between both of your children?

That'd be the thoughest decision of my life and sincerely I can't even think about it because I have no children and because deciding the fate of other's lives is something i'm not good at.

Gonz, that's a high bet if there's only one officer, and is silly if there are more than one because they will kill you and then kill both of your children.

If they are randomly killing anyway, what's to stop them from saying "Wrong choice"? Death, in a case like that, is already at hand. I prefer to take a few along the way.

Not a choice, I would most likely be the first dead.

Live free, or die fighting.

If more then one, guard; they will have to kill him qwickly too, because I will be a part of him.

I don't have kids, therefore I don't have that hardwired emotional bond that would cause me to jump on the German and bite his nose off just before they put a luger round through my potato.

The other option is to go Keyser Soze and kill both of the kids ... and then spend the rest of your life killing everything related to ex German military soldiers and politicians. You kill them, their kids, their parents, their neighbors, their pets, their friends, people who may or may not have met them...

Taking a few 1000 with you will give you plenty of company in hell.

That was their point. To force a dehumanizing choice. Had you offered that, all would probably die.

Truth be told: I wouldn't be on that train, I would would be traversing the Alps with the VonTrapp family.

I don't take orders well, especially blindly in wartime under oppression.

Call me paranoid but:

As a family we have several well-rehearsed contingencies.

We have MRE’s and water, clothes, and basic gear in each truck (including pellet guns).

In the garage we have a small re-enforced room with more than enough survival gear to live for months. The room might fall over, but will not collapse in the best of quakes.

Solar powered water purification (distiller), food, shelter. We even have two levels of fall back positions.

I don’t belive in leaving my survival to chance (or the gov’t) I don’t trust the UN and their Agenda 21 protocol either.

A UN map - plan for land in the U.S.
MAP%20off%20limits.jpg

According to the UN map they have Indian reservation boundries. I'd like to point out that in the event of man-made holocaust, all treaties are null & void.

Back