Where Do You Put Computer Related Threads?

Toolbox™

Because I wan to post this:

--------------------------

Finally... After one week of slowing building my own wiring harness for my computer, I'm done. What I used to do is custom build my power supplies so that the wires were the exact length I needed them to be but have since decided to just build a custom wiring harness so that if I decide to change power supplies, all I have to do is unplug all the wires from the back and switch.

Here are the contents of the case:

Intel Pentium IV 3.2E S478
Asus P4P800E-Deluxe
4 X 512 Geil DDR400 RAM
4 X 160GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
1 X 36GB Seagate Cheetah 10K.6 Ultra160
Adaptec AHA-29160 SCSI Controller
Asus 52X CD-Reader
Asus 52X CD-Writer
Leadtek A400 6800GT AGP
Thermalright XP-90C Heatsink
Thermaltake Kandalf VA9000 Case Silver
Task 480 Watt Power Supply

Here are the images in the different stages... I have to admit, because of all the SATA drives, this has been the neatest case I have ever built and I really like the case because there are so many places to hide all the wires.

0087.jpg

0088.jpg

0089.jpg

0090.jpg

0091.jpg

0092.jpg

0093.jpg

The only thing left to do is get a decent soundcard and choose between a single Samsung 243T or dual Samsung 213T's because the two 21 inchers are still cheaper than a single 24" Monitor. :)

catocom

I tried the zip-tie thing about twice, and then I had to work on a customers
that had those, and it was aggravating. I've got a different method now....
but it's a secret. :p

Man, I've got the early model p4p800, but I've only got 2 sticks in there.
It looks like there's a airflow restriction with 4 stick w/heat spreaders???

MrBishop

Reminds me of the inside of Dell boxes. All tied up and a pain to change anything.

How's she look with the drives actually plugged in?

HomeLAN

Uh, everything appears to be plugged in in the last shot. SATA hard drives, so no big, ugly ribbon cables except for the CD's. It looks like he's got power run as well.

MrBishop

HomeLAN said:
Uh, everything appears to be plugged in in the last shot. SATA hard drives, so no big, ugly ribbon cables except for the CD's. It looks like he's got power run as well.
Aah...the joys of dial up mean that I hadn't waiting for all the pics to DL before replying. :D

Tell me TB...did you soften edges in the case so that you don't get those nasty 'case-scratches' when you stick your hand in?

*I was working on my sister's machine yesterday and now sport a 1/2" scratch on my left hand because of her damn case.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Very clean looking case. Almost makes me want to go and get SATA drives, just so I can clean mine up some more. Even with the custom ide cables, they still look messy.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
PT said:
Very clean looking case. Almost makes me want to go and get SATA drives, just so I can clean mine up some more. Even with the custom ide cables, they still look messy.

That's why I close the case :p

HomeLAN

It's tough for me to justify that, yet. When ATA100 stuff is going for 40 cents a gig, SATA, while nice, just looks a bit too pricey.

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
It's tough for me to justify that, yet. When ATA100 stuff is going for 40 cents a gig, SATA, while nice, just looks a bit too pricey.

:grinyes:
I got 120 gigs of drives (1X80 and 1X40) sitting on my desk because I don't know where to put them.

MrBishop

chcr said:
:grinyes:
I got 120 gigs of drives (1X80 and 1X40) sitting on my desk because I don't know where to put them.
My house?

I have 60GB between two drives.
Mind you, on my desk I've got 1 DVDrom, 1 Zip100, 3 CDroms, a coupla HD's, a handfull of DIMMs, 2 video cards, a bunch of sound cards...and a digital partridge in a bloody pear tree :D

Winky

hell

we should start a thread having everyone list the
total hard drive storage that the board members
have online in their personal 'puters

I have only 80 Gig spread over three comps

two ten giggers in two of the comps

and the boy's comp has two old seagate 30 giggers
in a RAID Zero array

Winky

By the way TB

Awesome lookin' case and wiring job there.

How's the finished product looking?

you ARE booting off of the Cheetah Right?