Where is it?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Where has my tax money gone? Not income tax. That's fairly well documented. The other taxes I pay. Gasoline tax (for the roads I drive on), sales tax, cigarette tax, liquor tax, etc ad nauseum. Where is all that money going? I know its not going where its supposed to go...at least not all of it...so where is it going?

...mobile homes with no one to live in them, ice with nowhere to store it, storm aid spent on Super Bowl tickets, endless investigations of stuff like whether The Undertaker is poppin roids, sending majority party congressional dickweeds to the Middle East to see the war up close and personal (from behind shields of course), funding research to discover that sunbeams come from the sun...

yeah it's all going down the toilet in petty food stamp exploitation. all .007% of it.

*yawn.*

for fuck's sake people, get a new story.

Where has my tax money gone? Not income tax. That's fairly well documented. The other taxes I pay. Gasoline tax (for the roads I drive on), sales tax, cigarette tax, liquor tax, etc ad nauseum. Where is all that money going? I know its not going where its supposed to go...at least not all of it...so where is it going?

area 51?
somebody's gotta pay for all the secret technology that they can't get to work right.:nerd:

Enjoy your nap, Mr. Van Winkle?

Bite me. :p

The reason I ask is because of the deteriorating infrastructure. Fuel taxes were supposed to pay for those, right? The state taxes for state roads, and the feds tax for the interstate system. When I see bridges falling down/listed as obsolete, and roads in disrepair, etc, I have to ask. Where is the money I've been paying since I first started to purchase gasoline?

yeah it's all going down the toilet in petty food stamp exploitation. all .007% of it.

*yawn.*

for fuck's sake people, get a new story.

When over 50% of the national budget is written into mandated social spending, it's hardly .0007%.

Very interesting. Thats less than the amount in Gonz' source ($373.2 billion in federal funds). I wonder how many jobs could be created if we used that $373.2 billion on roads and bridges.

Military spending is specifically enumerated as a gov't expenditure.

Medicaid isn't.

Back