Where's the outrage

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Time for a slight twist.

Remember Janis Joplin? How about Heart? Maybe the 60's bands featuring a big fat chick or the skinny little chick, who both died prematurely. They had skill & talent. Joan Jett. Chrissy Hynde.

They worked their asses off to work & succeed in a male dominated industry. Flipping channels today I ran across some wannabe model cum wannabe dancer cum wannabe singer crap caled Pussycat Dolls. What the fuck is that? Not even pretending to be music. T & A for T & A's sake.

Remember when music was audio stimulation?

123004_cass.jpg

Music

little_queen_album.jpg

Music

6330.jpg

Whores

Gonz said:
Time for a slight twist.

Remember Janis Joplin? How about Heart? Maybe the 60's bands featuring a big fat chick or the skinny little chick, who both died prematurely. They had skill & talent. Joan Jett. Chrissy Hynde.

They worked their asses off to work & succeed in a male dominated industry. Flipping channels today I ran across some wannabe model cum wannabe dancer cum wannabe singer crap caled Pussycat Dolls. What the fuck is that? Not even pretending to be music. T & A for T & A's sake.

Remember when music was audio stimulation?

123004_cass.jpg

Music

little_queen_album.jpg

Music

6330.jpg

Whores
Hell Gonz, remember when you needed talent to get a record company to talk to you? Nowadays the look and the attitude mean much more than the substance or artistry. I don't mean to offend but I think a lot of this started with Kiss, Alice Cooper and bands like that. They were not untalented, but they made it more about the show than the music. Many of todays artists seem to think it's all about the show. That's why I listen to blues and classic rock anymore.

I expect some Pop 40 poseurs. It's disgusting but tween girls & pre-adolescent boys need something too (Brittney, Backstreet Boys). The show should be very important, after the skill has been developed & the style perfected.

This crap makes me glad I walked away.

chcr said:
Hell Gonz, remember when you needed talent to get a record company to talk to you? Nowadays the look and the attitude mean much more than the substance or artistry. I don't mean to offend but I think a lot of this started with Kiss, Alice Cooper and bands like that. They were not untalented, but they made it more about the show than the music. Many of todays artists seem to think it's all about the show. That's why I listen to blues and classic rock anymore.

*singing
Video killed the Radio Star ...Video killed the Radio Star...

Plenty of great music? It's all cookie cutter pop, even the fringe sounds cloned.

Fully agree on the Pussycat Ho's - if I hear that fucking "Dont'cha" song one more time I may just put an end to this clean & sober lifestyle, buy a kilo of coke & snort myself into oblivion.

But I do think there are a number of new artists that are very good indeed - people like Katie Melua, Joss Stone and a few others who are beautiful women and can actually sing, without having to whore themselves about to get noticed.

Back