Who is this woman ...

jimpeel

and why should we hold her in high esteem?

668_1197336914.jpg

She is New Life Church volunteer security professional Jeanne Assam and she is the one who took out the shooter who invaded the New Life Church and started shooting people. The shooter had earlier shot four people at a missionary center in Denver killing two. Too bad he didn't try to start with the New Life Church as two of the four people would now be living instead of dead. Too bad she wasn't at the Westroads Mall last Wednesday.

You know, if you want us to guess something, it's a good idea to not post the answer within the same minute.

You know, if you want us to guess something, it's a good idea to not post the answer within the same minute.

The goal was never to keep anyone in suspense. She deserves our praise and she is a hero even in my eyes. You see, I hold being a hero in very high esteem. One should not be deemed a hero just because one goes to their job.

To be a hero, one must place their own life on the line in the defense of others. That is what she did. She had to run toward the sound of gunfire while everyone else around her was running at her. She then stood her ground in the face of a man armed with a semi-automatic rifle, declared herself, and when he didn't back down she took him out -- face to face, one on one.

But what about the other guard. The one who should be fired...

I heard this guy on the local show this morning and he stated that not only was there the one guy with his firearm drawn next to him but there was also another guy across the hallway with his drawn also but neither was firing.

After he did his stupidity, and it was stupidity -- which may have given Jeanne the distraction she needed -- he said that she started walking toward the shooter firing as she closed on him screaming "Surrender!". The evening news showed some film of her taking the local PD through the exercise and she demonstrated the action; and sure enough she was walking squarely toward him with a two-hand combat hold.

The guy must have been pretty confused to see a good-looking 42-year-old blond coming at him firing a firearm at him.

The pastor of the church said in an interview yesterday that it was she who made the recommendation to beef up security because of the Arvada shootings the previous night.

Boyd said Assam was the one who suggested the church beef up its security Sunday following the Arvada shooting, which it did. The pastor credited the security plan and the extra security for preventing further bloodshed.

I guess the Minneapolis police issued a press release that she was fired for telling a lie about cursing at someone and there was a recording that proved that she had done it.

Reports now are that she didn't kill him after all. He topped himself.

Yeah, I heard that yesterday. Apparently, she gave him some incentive. That takes that whole "I killed someone" thing out of her mind. Now sah can just think "I spanked him so hard he took the A train to Hell."

Back