Wiarton Willie

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Says it's gonna be a short winter!!! w00t! :dance:

image130.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how some people will put stock in whether a rodent comes up out of the ground as a cloud passes, and surmise anything about meteorology from that event.

That whistle pig in Pennsylvania is so surrounded by TV cameras and lights that there is no possible way for it not to cast a shadow. Is it just me, or is that not obvious?

Lighten UP :p

I missed this when it was reported. LOL!
Wiarton Willie suspected in double murder

WIARTON, ONT. - An official in small-town Ontario is being accused of covering up a murder, but she says she was protecting the town from bad publicity.

Francesca Dobbyn told Wiarton town council on Monday that she knew Wiarton Willie might have killed his two understudies, but hid the facts so the town's summer tourist season wouldn't be hurt.

willie.jpg

[font=verdana, arial]Wiarton Willie [/font]

Wiarton Willie is an albino groundhog that is brought out every Groundhog Day to predict the coming end of winter. He is also the town's mascot and main tourist attraction.

The Wiarton Willie Festival held every February generates about $750,000 for the town. That makes Willie a powerful rodent.

So last May, when two Willies-in-training stopped coming out of the burrow specially built to house the three, Dobbyn, who looks after the animals, kept quiet.

The missing pair were found last week, deep inside the burrow.

Groundhogs are naturally territorial, and some believe Willie eliminated his rivals. On Monday, town council wanted an explanation. Mayor Carl Noble, however, rejected calls for Dobbyn's resignation.
CBC indepth reporting at it's finest.

We had a deer die on our property once. The father in law came and picked it up and butchered it. :sick2:

eiw X 2.

I don't think I would be eating animals that just keeled over and died from unknown causes and diseases.

Did it keel over because it was shot and thats just as far as it made it?

Back