WOW! Just got my new digi camara...

Aunty Em

I'm just playing with my new camara which arrived at lunchtime. It's a Fujipix A204 and I just cannot belive the difference between this an my old camara... it's like I was looking through a fog before... and it is sooo easy to use! :)

This is in "normal" mode (ignore the mess):

... and this is in macro... just inches from the book...:

I am going to have so much fun! :D

That ceiling light is awesome. Can I have it?:D

The digicam takes fabulous pics Aunty!!

My God Aunty, how can post a picture of a mess like that? I'd never be able to post something like that. ;)

Seriously, you want a mess? I'll take a picture of the boys room tonight when I get home, then you'll know what a mess is.

I've been working on a lighting fetish for the last year or so :shrug: I'm still quite taken with that lamp. :)

Q said:
That ceiling light is awesome. Can I have it?:

It's just an uplighter, they're quite popular over here. I have them in all the rooms in different colours. It's like it's upside-down and hides the bulb from view.

greenfreak said:
I wish all of *my* furniture matched that nicely.

Oh that's 'cos when I moved in I didn't have enough funiture so I bought some modern lookalike units to match the old pine ones. Only the cabinet is real pine.

I'm afraid I don't go for the minimalist look, I have too much clutter. :)

I've not heard anyone complain about Fuji cameras. Guess I'll go buy one today...Then i'll try to find a mess to take a picture of cause I can't find the one in your pic, Aunty....btw...You sure are stocking up on toys lately. Good for you. :D

PuterTutor said:
My God Aunty, how can post a picture of a mess like that? I'd never be able to post something like that. ;)

Seriously, you want a mess? I'll take a picture of the boys room tonight when I get home, then you'll know what a mess is.

I grew up with an obssessive mother, I'm still afraid to sit on her chairs in case I make a mess, but I'm not so obssessive about tidying up anymore. The camara's good, but it doesn't show the dust fortunately! :lol:

If you want mess I'll post a piccy of Katie's room! :eek:

Now I have to run out and get a camera.....If we're gonna play My Mess is Bigger Than Yours, I'm an easy winner..... :rofl3: Thats one thing my boys can do right....

Well, as you can see Katie showed me what she thought of my interrupting her to take a picture of her room. Actually it's not too bad today... normally you can't see the floor for toys... those are her school things dumped as usual, but then she's only been home half an hour so there's still time for it to get a lot worse! :eek:

Squiggy said:
I've not heard anyone complain about Fuji cameras. Guess I'll go buy one today...Then i'll try to find a mess to take a picture of cause I can't find the one in your pic, Aunty....btw...You sure are stocking up on toys lately. Good for you. :D

I'm been humming and haahing about which one to get since the beginning of the year. It's a lot of money to spend on something if you don't like it or find is too complicated for what you want to do. At the moment I'm using automatic settings but you can also use manual and there's acomprehensive little manual that comes with it which is very easy to follow.

I've never been a very good photographer, except when I used an old slr many years ago, but then apart from that I've never really had a decent camara to use before, so who knows, perhaps I'll blossom with this one. I think it will encourage me to go out more and take photos of interesting places that I'm fond of, and also I could never find the right photos to team with my poetry. So now I can create my own. :)

that's great Aunty, no more excuses to do not post pics :D

not that i'm saying you ever refused to before

Well, I have to pop out an get a battery recharger and some rechargables, plus a decent carrying bag. I already bought an extra 64MB XD card for it, so on the highest setting I can take 126 photos and on the 1MP setting I an take about 250, but I think I'll stick with the 2MP.

Ok...Got my 3800. forgot to grab the 128MB card while I was there...:tardbang: As soon as I figure it out I'll post the mess winners...:D

Aunty Em said:
Squiggy said:
I've never been a very good photographer, except when I used an old slr many years ago, but then apart from that I've never really had a decent camara to use before, so who knows, perhaps I'll blossom with this one. I think it will encourage me to go out more and take photos of interesting places that I'm fond of, and also I could never find the right photos to team with my poetry. So now I can create my own. :)

Auntie, that's great, it's just what I did. :)

If you haven't done so already, take a look at www.photo.net. It's humbling to see all the pictures of people on there but you can get some good ideas. If you ever want links or info on some mags and stuff, PM me. :)

Back