Xmas Eve and Xmas dinner

unclehobart

What are ya serving up for the feast?

deboned sausage stuffed cajun turkey
sweet potato/regular potato/parsnip medley baked around the bird in the final hour
green beans w/bacon

...and whatever else I can scrounge.

Re: Xmas Eve and Xams dinner

I was going to make a few more sides like bread and whatnot... but I've been sicky of late and just don't have the appetite.

Ain't making one. Christmas eve's at a friend's of my wife's family, Christmas day with the mother-in-law.

Stuffed turkey for Christmas dinner...looks like whatever I can scroungs tonight...

Mom made lasagna.
Aunt 1, bacalao.
Aunt 2, pork's back (the soft meat located there).
Cousin 1, spaghetti
Cousin 2, turkey.

Gato_Solo said:
Stuffed turkey for Christmas dinner...looks like whatever I can scroungs tonight...
I know, I know... I just wanted it all to fit in the title line. Saying christmas twice would have made it long enough to get nipped off partly.

Luis G said:
Mom made lasagna.
Aunt 1, bacalao.
Aunt 2, pork's back (the soft meat located there).
Cousin 1, spaghetti
Cousin 2, turkey.
How vegetarian of you. :lloyd:

Whatever happened to roast waterfowl asa traditional holiday dinner?

The Canadian geese called Amnesty Int'l too many times? :lol:

Gonz said:
Whatever happened to roast waterfowl asa traditional holiday dinner?

The Canadian geese called Amnesty Int'l too many times? :lol:

Because wild goose tastes awful...no matter how long you marinate it, and no matter what you marinate it in. Duck is too small, so that leaves chicken ( :lol: ), or turkey. ;)

tonight we are serving a roasted pig, fried chicken, pasta salad and probably 3 or 4 Philippine dishes i have no idea how to spell and can hardly pronounce.
oh. and beer.
i'm working tomorrow so it'll probably be a pile of leftovers.

I'm slappin down a plate of nuked leftover spaghetti, with leftover birthday cake for dessert, and shippin' them off to bed after a bath by 8.

This is my quiet night before all hell breaks loose tomorrow.

*fixed the thread title*

Spot said:
tonight we are serving a roasted pig, fried chicken, pasta salad and probably 3 or 4 Philippine dishes i have no idea how to spell and can hardly pronounce.
oh. and beer.

Bangus? Galonggong? Galut? Phoneticise, man, phoneticise. :D

Spot said:
oh. and beer.

Now that's a celebratory dinner

Spot said:
oh. and beer.
You said that as if it hardly even mattered. *handonhip

I'm roasting a pot even as we speak for dinner tonite. Biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast, steak and baked potato for dinner.

chcr said:
You said that as if it hardly even mattered. *handonhip

I'm roasting a pot even as we speak for dinner tonite. Biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast, steak and baked potato for dinner.

A pot of beer? :lol: Some people eat the strangest things...:D

Made a huge pot of pozole for supper tonight. Served with fresh finely sliced cabbage, diced jalapeno peppers, a squeeze of lemon, and fresh hot fried tortillas.

Tomorrow --- roast turkey, stuffing, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and pumpkin pie for dessert.

Just call me a traditionalist. :D

I'll probably nuke some taquitos or something tonight. Tomorrow I'm having a prime rib dinner with the family.

Back