Your Dog Ate WHAT?

FluerVanderloo

My puppy ate two of those bright orange foam earplugs last night, and I'm freaking out hoping she's not going to get them lodged in her system or something. Have any of your dogs eaten something they shouldn't have? How did it turn out?

Gotholic

Fluer, you can make your dog vomit by giving him hydrogen peroxide. One capful of the bottle (one teaspoon) for small dogs or two teaspoons for larger dogs. Your dog will vomit soon after but may take up to 5 minutes. Repeat if nothing comes up.

FluerVanderloo

Oh it's too late for the vomiting. She did it around this time yesterday, and I didn't notice they were gone until about 10:00 last night. So far so good where her behavior is concerned. Still eating, still drinking, still playing, and most importantly still pooping. Just, no bright orange in the poop yet.

Winky

Gothy Noooo

Good Lord no!
Why don't you advise her to get a kitchen knive
and begin exploratory surgery?

But I suppose she could feed the thing a very small
dose of mineral oil or something similar.

We want them coming out the other end Gothy
(I fear for any children you may have)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
You CAN give dogs a form of hydrogen peroxide to get them to vomit...if they eat bits of a plant that might be poisonous (or something else that must get out of their system ASAP before it can be absorbed). However, my understanding is that it is NOT hydrogen peroxide like you buy in a drug store, it's a special product that you can get from your vet (if your dog is prone to eat random plants and such that are questionable).

My dog used to eat tissues/toilet paper ALL the time. She was always fine. She used to chew on dirty socks but never actually consumed one.