1.6 Terrabytes - almost enough for my MP3s :D

MrBishop

LaCie Announces 1.6 Terabyte External Drive
Tuesday, July 13 @ 07:11:57 PDT

LaCie has announced a new addition to their external drive lineup, the Bigger Disk Extreme which features up to 1.6TB of storage and RAID 0.

LaCie expands its Extreme line of external hard drives with the Bigger Disk Extreme: up to 1.6 terabytes of storage with the fastest speeds on the market, available worldwide summer 2004. The Bigger Disk Extreme performs up to 50 percent faster than first-generation FireWire 800 drives*, pairing ultimate capacity and throughput to accommodate the editing needs of video and audio professionals.

Source - a bit old but what the hell :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
with a suggested retail price of $1199 for the 1TB and $2199 for the 1.6TB drive :eek13:

MrBishop

Leslie said:
with a suggested retail price of $1199 for the 1TB and $2199 for the 1.6TB drive :eek13:

Yeah...but think about this...it's 1,000 gig of space :D
Not for the average Joe...but companies would love this kind of opportunity for additional storage.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I suppose too, if one is inclined that way, it'd still be cheaper than purchasing all that music

*ducks*

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:

Wait until after Christmas. They'll be $89.99 after MiR.

Inkara1

I'm sure they'll find some way to deny the rebate claim.

Hopefully newegg won't do that to me. My "free after rebate" $70 motherboard turned into about $400 after the RAM, processor, improved sound card and SATA hard drive was added in.