Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
for those with older boys,

Is 11 the age?

Everything is miserable, everyone sucks, he's so hard done by, school sucks, home sucks, family sucks, books suck, tv sucks, toys suck, it's all boring, everything is annoying, yaaadayadayada.

Is this it? I'm doomed to teenhood now?

unclehobart

I hit it at 8... but not nearly to the extent that I thought everything was boring, worthless, I hate you... yadda, yadda. In fact, I always thought I was a fairly chipper lad.

Camelyn

It's 6 for my eldest daughter. add a couple yers for the boy factor and sounds about right. Someone *please* tell me thy grow out of this?? And no, I don't mean when they get a job and move out :D

unclehobart

It's different for everyone. I hear tales that there are some kids that are actually full-time nice and well adjusted... probably to tip the scales back to neutral for all of the rotten as hell hoodlum kids we hear so much about.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'm not thinkin I'm gonna end up with the nice and well-adjusted breed.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
So far my 8 and 14 yr old haven't gone there. I get annoyed as hell when I hear "I'm bored!!!" Then I say, "Well, go clean your room" and so it goes...

heh..

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My 11 year old thinks the Ukranian kid in his art class should be beat upon for being an asswipe. He learned from the best.

chcr

Too cute for words
Leslie said:
I'm not thinkin I'm gonna end up with the nice and well-adjusted breed.
You never know, Les. I was a perfect monster as a kid, even worse as a teenager (every sherriff's deputy in our end of the county knew me by name) and I still turned out... well... umm... never mind. ;)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Anywhere between 9 and 16. At some point you can guarantee that your child will lay on the sofa, playing playstation, gameboy on the end table, 60 channels of crap to watch, new bike out back, plenty of stuff to do and will say. "I'm bored, This Sucks."

My oldest daughter will be turning 17 this July. She is pretty well out of the sucks stage but then again she drives. Seems things aren't nearly as sucky when you can get away from that which sucks. Occasionally you may even hang around suckiness simply becuase you miss it so. At least that's the best reason we can come up with when she actually spends an evening at home with us.

Winky

With three boys
and no Pa to keep em' in line during the transition from
childhood to manhood, yer in fer a ROUGH ride indeed.

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
My 11 year old thinks the Ukranian kid in his art class should be beat upon for being an asswipe. He learned from the best.
Aren't your kids homeschooled,where'd the Ukrainian kid come from?I think your wife has some esplainin to do. :evilcool:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
an outside art class (designed for homescholled kids)...same with his piano & gym classes.

Professur

Les, give him a bottle of hand creme and send him to his room. Watch his expression. He won't be bored long, one way or the other.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Gonz said:
an outside art class (designed for homescholled kids)...same with his piano & gym classes.
outsourcing your homeschooling? how appropriate :D.

the Y offers some pretty cool looking homeschool phys ed. programs, makes me wish i were homeschooled (and 11 again).

Starya

Leslie said:
for those with older boys,

Is 11 the age?

Everything is miserable, everyone sucks, he's so hard done by, school sucks, home sucks, family sucks, books suck, tv sucks, toys suck, it's all boring, everything is annoying, yaaadayadayada.

Is this it? I'm doomed to teenhood now?
Huh? He's always been like that.

Ok, overdoing it a bit, but he has always been easily frustrated, whick makes pretty much everything "suck". Ain't too bad though. He keeps his room tidy, and never gets into trouble.

Oh, and he also wants an earring, and to dye his hair black. And a black long coat.
goth.gif

This could get interesting.

15_8_10.gif