2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Stkshft

I'm thinking about get a new GTP. Well not new, 2004.

I took one out for a test drive yesterday, it was great. Smooth ride, and lots of power.

Anyone have one of these?
Anyone know any good online place for mods?

Just looking what I will be getting in to :shrug:

----Stkshft----

unclehobart

I wouldn't trust a Grand Am or a Grand Prix if my life depended upon it. The history of those models leave much to be desired in mechanical reliability.

HomeLAN

After owning a Grand Am, I can honestly say that never again will I consider a Pontiac.

Of course, that was 15 years ago, and things may have changed, but my God, that was by far the worst car I ever got suckered into buying.

Stkshft

My sister owns a Sunfire, Its a little small, but it runs great, have had no problems with it, and gets awesome mpg!

Inkara1

GM's 3.8L V6 is one of the few things they've done right in the last few decades. Too bad the same can't be said for backlighting for the instruments, radio, etc. I guess I'm just weird like that, but I really prefer green/blue backlighting.

unclehobart

If I had to drop 20 big ones on a car, I would rather get a year or two older Lexus in the sub 40,000 mile range. the cushiness, amenities, mechanical reliability just can't be beat.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Inkara1 said:
GM's 3.8L V6 is one of the few things they've done right in the last few decades. Too bad the same can't be said for backlighting for the instruments, radio, etc. I guess I'm just weird like that, but I really prefer green/blue backlighting.
agreed.

Professur

I've 200,000kms on a 3.4L v6 gm, and little in the way of complaints, 'cept for the fact that it has to be removed from the engine bay to do anything beyond an oil change.

Stkshft

Alright, so I bought the car. Best car I have ever owned...so far

so far I've put about 150 miles on it. w00t