2005 NFL predictions

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
How's your team gonna do? Who will win it all? Time to go on record so you can look like a genius when it happens...

1. My favorite team, the Tampa Bay Bucs, will finish with a 9-7 record, give or take one game either way. That'll be good enough for second in the NFC South behind the Falcons.

2. Other NFC division winners: Philly by default in the east, Minnesoooooooota in the north, and Seattle out west. Vikings beat the Eagles to go to the Super Bowl.

3. AFC division winners: New England in the east, Pittsburgh in the north, KC out west, and Indy in the south. Pittsburgh over Indy to advance to the Super Bowl, where the winner will be...

Pittsburgh.

4. I look for improvements from the Lions, Cardinals, Jets, and Bengals. I look for drop offs from the Panthers, Ravens, Packers, and Broncos.

unclehobart

After watching the Lions play... I predict no improvement.

The jaguars have this scary 6'6 285lb 4.3/40 white boy receiver now that is capable of some sick sick catching. I expect him to propell the team solo to a slightly better record.

The colts will slide a little. The patriots will remain the same. Pittsburgh wont go 15-1 again with the way Rothlesberger was tossing in the preseason.

The Bengals have picked up some killer new linebackers... so now they will still lose... but not by as much.

Green bay will continue to fade as they work up a new generation QB into the fold. The Cowboys and Houston will still suck. Miami will win one or two more.

The Falcons... hmm.. who knows... they take sooo many risks and and so full of inconsistent behavior that either they will go exactly 2-14, 8-8, or 14-2. They will do something inexplicable like beat the Patriots by 40 and then get beat by the Dolphins by 40 unsing the exact same gameplan.

Seattle, Philly ...superior
Tampa Bay, Minnesota... above average
Browns, Panthers... bleh

unclehobart

I wonder where New Orleans are going to be playing? ... and all of the colleges. Kickoff is imminent, but the stadiums are going to be screwed for a long, long time.

rrfield

SouthernN'Proud said:
How's your team gonna do? Who will win it all?

My team will go 11-5, win the NFC Nort and WIN THE SUPER BOWL!

(Note: I have predicted the Vikings to win the Super Bowl every year since 1988)

NFC North Champs: Vikings (1st seed)
NFC East: Eagles (3rd seed)
NFC South: Panthers (2nd seed)
NFC West: Cardinals (win the division by default) (4th seed)
NFC Wildcards: Giants (5th seed), Falcons (6th seed)
outside looking in: Lions, Rams

NFC Wildcard Playoffs: Cardinals over Giants, Falcons over Eagles
NFC Divisional Playoffs: Vikings over Falcons (1998 retribution!), Panthers over Cardinals
NFC Championship Game: Vikings over Panthers

AFC North Champs: Steelers (3rd seed)
AFC East: Patriots (4th seed)
AFC South: Colts (1st seed)
AFC West: Chargers (2nd seed)
AFC Wildcards: Jets (5th seed), Bengals (6th seed)
outside looking in: Raiders, Texans

AFC Wildcard Playoffs: Jets over Patriots, Steelers over Bengals
AFC Divisional Playoffs: Jets over Colts (choke job!), Chargers over Steelers
AFC Championship Game: Chargers over Jets

Super Bowl: Vikings over Chargers!

Teams on the rise: Bengals, Texans, Lions, Giants
Teams on the decline: Packers (!!!), Patriots, Broncos, Seahawks

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Now unc...as a veteran of many SEC games over the years, you should know that you never, NEVER, underestimate Peyton Manning's choke factor.

unclehobart

I know the Jets went 10-6 last year... but its the Jets. I can't bring myself to thinking of them as a contending team. Must be that pansy color of green.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
rrfield said:
I live in Indiana, I'm totally unconvinced that Peyton is anything but Dan Marino II.

What? One of the greatest consistantly surrounded by incompetent boobs?

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
I know the Jets went 10-6 last year... but its the Jets. I can't bring myself to thinking of them as a contending team. Must be that pansy color of green.

Most of us fans feel the same way. Not about the green but about the Jets contending.

Stop Laughing

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'd trade QBs with youse guys any day, yo.

Deal. You now have rookie Kyle Orton as your starting QB. Be thankful we cut Chad Hutchinson (his QB rating in his last game was equal to Bluto's GPA: 0.0) before you said that. :D I don't know what to expect this year from the Bears, our defense actually got better and can be one of the best in the league, but the huge holes on offense again will likely kill us. It's tough hoping your defense can outscore your offense.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Stop Laughing said:
Deal. You now have rookie Kyle Orton as your starting QB. Be thankful we cut Chad Hutchinson (his QB rating in his last game was equal to Bluto's GPA: 0.0) before you said that. :D I don't know what to expect this year from the Bears, our defense actually got better and can be one of the best in the league, but the huge holes on offense again will likely kill us. It's tough hoping your defense can outscore your offense.

That was directed toward our resident Jets fan...you can keep Orten. :lloyd: