2006 Dead Entertainer thread

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Grammy-wining singer Lou Rawls died in Los Angeles on Friday morning of lung cancer, his spokesman said. Rawls was in his early 70s.

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
Best known perhaps for "Wind Beneath My Wings"...
Lou Rawls did a version of "Wind Beneath My Wings???" Seriously, I never heard it. The one I'll always remember was "Lady Love." That was one of the feature tracks on my "music to get laid by" cassette tape. Worked too. I wish I still had that tape, it was a cornucopia of music to throw the old bone by. :lol:

Hey, anyone else remember when stereo cassette recorders were going to "destroy the recording industry?" Plus ça change, plus c'est le même chose.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I remember when I had to replace all my 8-tracks...and did so gladly

Inkara1

For as inconvenient as 8-tracks were to use, they had better sound quality than cassettes.

Chic, if you ever find that tape, send it my way... or a list of the songs. :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Inkara1 said:
For as inconvenient as 8-tracks were to use, they had better sound quality than cassettes.

Chic, if you ever find that tape, send it my way... or a list of the songs. :D
That tape is long gone, it was 20-30 years ago after all. Let me just suggest some Barry White, Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye, Love to Love You Baby by Donna Summer and Ravel's Boléro. Just build around those.

Of course, if you're interested in kink start with Freakin at the Freakers Ball by Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show.

Winky

Would you believe (well ya better cuz its true Bub)
that Andy Griffith is not only still alive, 80 years old
and still working?!?

At this rate he might not make it into this thread this year.