23 tough questions - answer if you dare

MrBishop

1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling them how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?:

- Looking into their eyes when I tell them how I feel...sometimes because of the shame of the topic or because I feel shame for them.

2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry?

- Almost getting t-boned by another car who had burned a red-light. I had my kids in the van at the time.

3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call?

- MrsBish...she can pass on the rest of the message and retain the emotions

4. You are at the doctor's office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?:

- I tell my friends and family, take a month off my job and spend every passing minute playing with my kids, visiting family and loving my wife. Everyone dies eventually..I'd be afraid of not getting everything done.

5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love or Trust:

- Trust. Without trust, there is no love

6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?:

- Sure...but i'd do it really fast. I need my job to pay for my family. Paying for Karma sucks, don't it

7. You are unfaithful to your spouse/significant other. Do you tell him/her? Why or Why not?

- I would tell her....but I don't cheat.

8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more then just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you do/say?:

- If I was alone...I'd review my own feelings for her and if there was a possible, I'd try it out. If I didn't see them in that way, I'd let them down as softly as I could.

9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?

- Sure...give them that hour to say goodbye to their family. Losing a year off of the end of my life wouldn't hurt all that much.

10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?

- Sure. I'm always looking for twins of myself.

11. Does love = sex.

- Nope. Platonic love exists.

13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?:

- A few years ago. I explained how what she'd just said was biggoted and cruel.

14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a boy/girl friend: you love them? or that you do not love them back?

- That I don't love them back. If I feel love...people know it.

15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?

- Give up? My kids...for obvious reasons.

16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them? Who were they to you?

- This morning to my son as I dropped him off at school

18. Imagine. it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?

- Nobody. I'd rather deal with it myself rather than risk anyone else's life

19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?

- Sure...a person is a person

20. Are you old fashion?

- partially. I live in the modern world but have old-fashioned ideals about love, romance, honesty etc..

21. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?

- Depends on what you mean by 'nice'. I open doors for people all the time. I also volunteer for a network that helps return missing children to their families.

22. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?

- The broken heart. Better to have loved and lost...

23. If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?

- I'd like to clean up the environment by snapping my fingers.

tonksy

1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling them how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?:

- Looking into their eyes when I tell them how I feel. Call it being self concious.

I had PMS.

3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call?

Who's with me? I couldn't very well be arsed to fly from HI to Chicago by myself....but seriously, I am a trained fire-fighter, I think I'd be too busy trying to extinguish the motherfucker.

4. You are at the doctor's office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?:

I'd tell the people that I actually interact with- my kids, Rob. I'd tie up loose ends and try and enjoy what's left.

5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love or Trust:

Bish said:
Trust. Without trust, there is no love.

6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?:

Of course I help, fuck the boss if he is that much of a prick, who wants to work in that kind of environment?

7. You are unfaithful to your spouse/significant other. Do you tell him/her? Why or Why not?

I would tell, guilt is decidedly uncomfortable.

8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more then just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you do/say?:

I love you too, Rob.

9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?

No, she did it to herself so thems the berries.

Oh, absolutely.

11. Does love = sex.

Um, no. Not in the slightest.

What happened to 12?

13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?:

I'm sure it was Rob, I don't remember what it would have been.

14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a boy/girl friend: you love them? or that you do not love them back?

That I don't love them back.

15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?

My kids and Rob...with coffee coming in closely behind.

16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them? Who were they to you?

Last night tucking the girls into bed.

18. Imagine. it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?

Rob so he could load the pistol.

Of course, Duh!

20. Are you old fashion?

Not really but I want the same things people have wanted for eons - love, shelter, full belly.

21. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?

Always, I am a nice person but I am very skeptical of the other members of the human race and have learned that expecting positive behavior is tantamount to setting yourself up for a fall.

22. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?

The broken heart. 'Tis inevitable.

I would wish a long happy life for my children, Rob, and myself.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess

Last night tucking the girls into bed.

I would wish a long happy life for my children, Rob, and myself.

I love how you love your family.

nalani

- Looking in their eyes when they're telling me how they feel.

- Because I will not entertain the whims of idiots who don't know how to communicate effectively and with respect.

- My mom. She is the matriarch and my skittles will understand why I called her. Not to mention, she is the only one whose hugs can comfort my skittles.

- I'd tell my family and close friends and spend the month with my skittles, preparing them for life without me and creating as many memories as possible with the time I have left.

- *keeps Bish's answer* Trust. Without trust, there is no love

- Honestly, neither of my bosses would dare fire me LOL .. but back to the question - I don't know if I'd help the dog because I'm not sure I'd even be aware that the dog was drowning .. when they swim, they look like they're drowning to me anyway.

- I'd like to think it wouldn't happen to begin with, but if it did, I'd tell him.

- I'd be floored and if I wasn't already in a relationship, I would probably say let's give it a shot. A girl could do worse than be loved by her best friend.

- Seeing as how the last person who I knew died just this past Sunday, she was an acquaintance and had cancer for a few years, probably not. A few years is enough time to get your affairs in order, prepare your family and friends, and say your goodbyes. Not to mention, if I gave up the last year of my life and my life was going to end a year from now, that'd suck for me.

- Most definitely. I rock. LOL

11. Does love = sex.

- Nope. Love = sex. Sex = sex.

- A few months ago. I explained to my exhusband that regardless of how he feels about me, his children are growing up and he's missing it ... and even though I don't "like" him and he doesn't provide any kind of sustanence for his children, I would appreciate it if he got to know them because they are incredible people.

- That I don't love them back. Rejection is awful.

- My skittles, hands down. They are the reason I was born.

- About 15 minutes ago when my daughter came in from cleaning the rubbish can and kissed me on my cheek.

- Chris. He can take care of it and I can stay dry.

- Of course. Having a home isn't a prerequisite for receiving CPR.

20. Are you old fashion?

- Hmmm... I wouldn't say I'm "old fashioned" but rather "culturally traditional", instead.

- Earlier today .. left an anonymous "Mahalo for the time and energy you give that allows us all to do our jobs more efficiently" card for someone at work.

- True love even though broken hearts suck. Not loving is an awful emptiness.

- Do/wish that my skittles grow up well-prepared, inspired, culturally sensitive, loving, and with a plethora of options for their future.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member

- Looking into their eyes when they're telling me how they feel, especially if it's good things they feel about me...I get all embarassed.

- I don't really know, probably some idiot driver...

- My mom...I don't have an S/O so there's no question, my mom.

- Quit my job and travel for a large chunk of it (something I always wanted to do) and then spend time with my family.

- I'm gonna keep Bish's answer too. Trust. Without trust, there is no love

- Of course I'd save the dog. If I had a boss that would fire me because I was late due to saving a drowning dog then good riddance to him cause I wouldn't wanna work for him anyway.

- I would tell him but I don't cheat so it's irrelevant.

- We've already been there and done that and I've moved on. From the events of the past it seems we're destined to be friends, not lovers.

- The last person I know how died was murdered trying to protect a woman from her abusive husband. He has a 6 year old daughter and a 6 month old son. I'd give up a year of my life to give him a chance to say goodbye to those kids in a heart beat.

- Yes, now if only I could find others who wanna have me as a friend.

11. Does love = sex.

- No. There are lots of kinds of love. I love my dog, I don't want to have sex with her...same with my family...

- I dunno actually.

- That I don't love them back. I lied last time that was what I needed to say and made up other reasons...but he was also crazy and that was a factor in the lies.

- I dunno...right now I guess it's my job because I'm just starting out and I don't have any savings so I'd have nothing if I lost my job.

- Probably my mom at some point

- My Dad :(

- Yes

20. Are you old fashion?

- I dunno really.

- Dunno, I do random favours for people all the time. They ask and if I have time I do it.

- The broken heart. A big part of a broken heart is getting used to being alone again, I'd rather do that than be alone forever...plus I know I can get over a broken heart and KNOWING I'm gonna be OK helps a lot.

- I don't know really...bring my dad back and make my family whole again probably.

Professur

- Looking into their eyes when they're telling me how they feel, especially if it's good things they feel about me...I get all embarassed.

- I don't really know, probably some idiot driver...

- My mom...I don't have an S/O so there's no question, my mom.

- Quit my job and travel for a large chunk of it (something I always wanted to do) and then spend time with my family.

- I'm gonna keep Bish's answer too. Trust. Without trust, there is no love

- Of course I'd save the dog. If I had a boss that would fire me because I was late due to saving a drowning dog then good riddance to him cause I wouldn't wanna work for him anyway.

- I would tell him but I don't cheat so it's irrelevant.

- We've already been there and done that and I've moved on. From the events of the past it seems we're destined to be friends, not lovers.

- The last person I know how died was murdered trying to protect a woman from her abusive husband. He has a 6 year old daughter and a 6 month old son. I'd give up a year of my life to give him a chance to say goodbye to those kids in a heart beat.

- Yes, now if only I could find others who wanna have me as a friend.

11. Does love = sex.

- No. There are lots of kinds of love. I love my dog, I don't want to have sex with her...same with my family...

- I dunno actually.

- That I don't love them back. I lied last time that was what I needed to say and made up other reasons...but he was also crazy and that was a factor in the lies.

- I dunno...right now I guess it's my job because I'm just starting out and I don't have any savings so I'd have nothing if I lost my job.

- Probably my mom at some point

- My Dad :(

- Yes

20. Are you old fashion?

- I dunno really.

- Dunno, I do random favours for people all the time. They ask and if I have time I do it.

- The broken heart. A big part of a broken heart is getting used to being alone again, I'd rather do that than be alone forever...plus I know I can get over a broken heart and KNOWING I'm gonna be OK helps a lot.

- I don't know really...bring my dad back and make my family whole again probably.

I'm so proud:crying3:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort

Looking into their eyes when I tell them how I feel.

Couple weeks ago, when I was lied to about something very important.

My wife or my parents, depending on who is more likely to be home at the time.

I tell those I care about. I spend my time doing the things that make me happy.

Trust

No, because I can't swim either.

Won't happen, but I would not tell immediately.

If I am married, I let them know that my marriage comes first. If I am not, I weigh the value of the friendship versus the potential of something more.

No, because he was in terrible pain from chronic cancer and I wouldn't prolong that for anyone.

I try to be.

11. Does love = sex.

No.

Couple years ago, my wife, and that's none of your buisiness. :D

That I don't love them. It's never fun to hurt someone.

My family.

Yesterday as my mom drove me home from the hospital.

The county undertaker. Saves time.

I won't give anyone CPR without the proper apparatus to protect myself from hepatitus etc.

20. Are you old fashion?

Gimme a break...

Daily.

The broken heart. Can't miss something till it's gone.

Enough to never have to worry about it again, located 50 miles from the nearest town on a mountaintop in Dixie. (Hey, you asked...)

Starya

-The latter. If I have made it to the point where I tell someone how I feel, I will be prepared for it. When someone else does it I'll be caught off-guard.

-Angry? I don't know. Change it to frustrated, and I'll say yesterday, when I realised my work is still messing up my pay, and I practically have to hold their hand making sure they figure it out..

- Critter. If he's on the plane, I call my older brother. He'll have to inform my mom. Gently.

-I don't tell anyone (family/friends) immediately, but they will have to be informed sooner rather than later.
-I head straight over to DCF to have them aide me in figuring out where Critter will be spending the rest of his childhood. Then I try to pull a few strings together, and spend time with the kiddo.
-Probably.

-Can't have love without trust. Then I'll have to settle with trust without love.

- Yes. Because it's a dog's life. I can get a new job if it comes to that. Besides, everyone loves an animal lover-hero. The boss wouldn't want to be in the local paper as "Evil Boss of the Year".

-Yes. I'd want him to tell me.

-Don't have a best friend, so I'll have to make one up. Someone hot. Yeah, a really hot friend. Sexy and schtuff. I'd say "Wee!"

- The last person I knoew to die was my granny. Do I give her an hour for a year? No. She was old. I'm young. I doubt she'd take the offer anyways.

- Actually, yes.

11. Does love = sex.

- No. But I'd still like some...

-Don't recall. Possible it never happened.

-The latter.

- I don't know, really.

-Critter a few days ago.

- Remy LeBeau

- Yes. Because they were dying...

20. Are you old fashion?
- In some way I think so.

-Today at work.

- Well, I'm sort of living the latter, so why not give me a taste of the first?

-Rewind.